Intermittent fasting and shift work

Options
So I want to try intermittent fasting but I work rotating shift work from days to nights. So my 16 hour fast times will have to change with my shifts. Will I see the same results or am I wasting my time?

Replies

• emalademfp
    emalademfp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is it worth looking up calorie cycling? I'm fasting but times vary, it should still help with weight loss and other health, I say go for it.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    you lose weight based on the calories you eat - not the time on the clock. so as long as you are eating at a deficit you will be fine (assuming weight loss is your goal).
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Switching up your IF patterns is better than a fixed time schedule everyday. Your rotational shifts will actually increase the efficiency of IF. Regardless of weight loss IF does wonders for insulin sensitivity.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    belleflop wrote: »
    Switching up your IF patterns is better than a fixed time schedule everyday. Your rotational shifts will actually increase the efficiency of IF. Regardless of weight loss IF does wonders for insulin sensitivity.

Really? How much will this wondrous improvement in insulin sensitivity help the OP?