Being Lazy

Options
Hi everyone - I need help. I have already lost almost 40 lbs but still need to lose another 30. I did great in the beginning but then I plateaued. I have been within the sames two - three pounds for about 9 months now and it is driving me crazy.

I do cardio a couple times a week but not much more. I know I need to get out and push myself but I am so lazy (as far as exercise is concerned). I know I need to get back into measuring my food but when I have, the scale still doesn't seem to move much. So I am discouraged and depressed.

I also have a "huge" problem with sodium. I do not add it to my foods but everything I try to eat has so much in it. What do I eat to keep it low? I just don't know how to handle that. I tried cooking and not getting so much processed but still that doesn't seem to help (or I'm not careful enough).

Don't mean to be Debbie Downer but I really need some help.

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    what about a different approach? Like, instead of focussing on the sodium, maybe look over and cut back on fat intake??? See if that helps...
  • feelinghopeless
    Options
    My carbs, fat, protein and fiber are all within the range they should be. It's just the sodium I am having problems with.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    My carbs, fat, protein and fiber are all within the range they should be. It's just the sodium I am having problems with.

so, there is no way to cut anymore fat? Have you tried increasing calories by just a bit? Do you eat back yur exercise calories?
  • feelinghopeless
    Options
    I know I need some fat but not sure how low I can go. No, I do not eat back my exercise calories. I'm scared to especially since I have maintained and NOT lost any more weight :(
  • feelinghopeless
    Options
    Good luck on your Ms. Bikini :)
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar experience. Increasing your movement (i'm doing heavy duty gardening), even window shopping carrying a heavy bag will help. I know I have to mix up my diet, I tend to eat the same thing again and again and again. If you are like me, you know what to do, I've made up my mind to do it. Congratulations for the weight you have lost, and still being here ;-)
  • bry_all01
    Options
    I asked so many questions, because I cannot see your diary and am trying to help you find an alternative. I know many people have had great success losing weight by increasing their caloric intake by a bit and eating at least half, if not all of their exercise calories. You do not want a deficit, especially at a plateau. Plateaus are a time that something needs to change in order to make a change.

I shoot for 48g of fat, and know others have done between 25 and 30g of fat, so I guess it depends on your actiivity level, etc....

Thank you on the luck and best of luck to you!!!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    If you have hit a plateau try doing things a little differently. If you are worried about sodium, and can't find a way to cut it down lower, try increasing your water intake. Try changing your macros. Maybe you should try less, or more carbs. Change your exercise routine. Lift weights, or try to add some bodyweight exercises like push ups, lunges, and body weight squats. Some plateaus are due to too few calories. You may need to eat more. If your workouts are extensive, your body may need a few days of rest. There are many things you can try. Good luck
  • Maxbjd
    Maxbjd Posts: 14
    Options
    I dont know about cutting the fat but you need to the CRAP!!!!

LETS GO SISTER!!! GETTING IT MOVING!!!

Look, first of all you have come to far to backtrack now.
    Stop eating the wrong stuff and practice that portion control.
    Get some new workout regimes going...hot yoga maybe? water aerobics? taichi?
    Sounds like you dont like to push yourself and really don't have enough intensity in your workouts anymore.
    So change it up and make it happen! There has got to be something out there you will like to do.

You said you know you should be doing these things but for some reason your not?
    Hmmm...really? COME ON!!! Your feeling hopeless but you should be mad!
    Time to kick some butt and knock out the remaining weight.

Wait....check this out! Just do a reset! Create a new account and start over!
    Take the last 30 pounds as your new goal and target then have at it.
    Eat right, exercise and for the love of pete....watch the sodium intake.
    Salt makes us hold water and if your eating too much u will retain more water...pretty simple.

I dont like cardio either but I do it...because I know it is part of my new lifestyle.
    I walk 3 times a week and try to swim at least once a week also.
    Also I hit the stationary bike where I really try to sweat. So again find something.
    Turn up the intensity on your workouts and do it at least 4 times a week.

So, you can do this and you WILL!!! Sorry but what you need is some TUFF LUV
    and not any sympathy....LETS GO!!!!