What road should I continue on?

Options
3 years and 5 stone lost. In the last 6 months losses have slowed and I am losing very little. I still have a few stone to lose. Go to Slimming World but tired of the plan. I want to still go to group for motivation, plus I have made lots of friends there. Has anyone gone to a diet, healthy eating etc group and done their own plan? I don't want to appear as a fraud, thanks

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you, whether it is a plan or your own thing. The important things are that you are satisfied and it is sustainable. I am sure you learned a lot of meal ideas at Slimming World that you can incorporate into your own food plan so you are not a fraud, you are just eating a modification of their plan. The support, motivation, and friendships are just as important as the food plan so you still benefit.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Ideally everyone should want you to succeed regardless of the path you take to achieve weight loss if it is done in a healthy fashion. Besides all weight loss plans require a calorie deficit to work so they are all rooted in the same principle.

I think you should continue on your own road. That is what I do and because it is customized for me and my personality I actually like doing it (most of the time).

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Continue on the path that gives you better health, peace of mind, sustainability and the motivation you need. ❤
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about Slimming World aside of it being a weight loss program, but just take what works for you from it.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Im not sure it makes much difference if you go to the group but tweak your eating pattern so that it fits with what you know to work for yourself.

The purpose of the group for you is to get validation, support, social network and have fun. The purpose of your way of eating is to lose weight. The group supports that. I dont see it makes any difference or negative impact if you are not quite eating to the SW plan

Theres nothing fraudulent about it

Although groups are not for me, I think i read that attending groups make it more likey that someone will succeed at losing and keeping it off.

Well done by the way