MFP Weight Goal ACHIEVED - 95 Pounds GONE - Wheelchair User

13»

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I have lost weight before and this time I lost 40 lbs and worked on my emotional attachment to food, It is making a big difference. If I didn't want to deal with something or having hard conversations I would overeat. I am trying to find pleasure in other things now not just eating. When you mentoned emotional attachment, yes that was me also.
  • turnitaroundat40
    turnitaroundat40 Posts: 193 Member
    Some great strategies and ideas - thanks so much for sharing them and congratulations on your success! So impressive!
    By the way, love how your dimples are so much more noticeable now ;)
  • MindfulDecision
    MindfulDecision Posts: 42 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I have lost weight before and this time I lost 40 lbs and worked on my emotional attachment to food, It is making a big difference. If I didn't want to deal with something or having hard conversations I would overeat. I am trying to find pleasure in other things now not just eating. When you mentoned emotional attachment, yes that was me also.

Figuring out the emotional cause as to why we eat or behave the way we do will go a long way into solving how we can change our current behaviour towards a healthier lifestyle. People don't get overweight through random events - there is a cause that drives their weight to increase beyond a normal range.

My causes were how I perceived food (placed too much value & excitement), and treated it like an activity. Understanding the cause/and pull towards food allows one to devise strategies to isolate it, and then do the work it takes to shed the weight (that is where MFP comes in).
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Working on my emotional cause is key. Thinking about food, responding to the food cues all around, using it as a diversion, it has consumed me. Seeing the success stories such as yours, and those on the success board, I kick my self for letting that time pass without making it happen.
  • HappyEC
    HappyEC Posts: 53 Member
    You look amazing! Well done!
  • thingsiveneverdone
    thingsiveneverdone Posts: 9 Member
    You look amazing! Way to go!
  • mrkk7
    mrkk7 Posts: 5 Member
    So inspiring!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your journey. Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!