WAISTING A-WEIGH - AUGUST TEAM CHALLENGE ((CLOSED GROUP))

Options
1234568»

Replies

• bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    are we making a team for september here? who else wants to carry on?
  • dkjohnson
    Options
    I would like to carry on but I am getting so upset with my weight UP....DOWN. Last week I was at 216lbs. today I'm at 218.9 and I have been working hard and most day under my calorie goal. I was so excited once I finally dropped down past 218 then to get on the scale this morning and see it is back to the same number.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    I would like to carry on but I am getting so upset with my weight UP....DOWN. Last week I was at 216lbs. today I'm at 218.9 and I have been working hard and most day under my calorie goal. I was so excited once I finally dropped down past 218 then to get on the scale this morning and see it is back to the same number.

i am the same atm, i was down to 216 at the start of the month, now i'm 221!! it doesn't mean i am going to quit, this is just a bump in the long road

i hope you find the motivation to carry on as in the big picture 3 lbs is nothing, hope to see you around next month too
  • dkjohnson
    Options
    I'm not stopping by any means! Just don't understand why???
  • dkjohnson
    Options
    I would like to be on your team with 3trees for Septmeber.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    i don't understand either it's really frustrating!

i'll send gary a message to see if we can do that
  • dkjohnson
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    i tried sending my results to bigeffinmess but it says there is no user by that name. i sent them to gary to be on the safe side but just wondering who i should be sending them to
  • dkjohnson
    Options
    Hoteffinmess has deactivated their account.

WOW!!!
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    i wonder what has happened, hope everything is ok

i messaged gary about being in a group but he had already placed me, sorry, if you want to be put in one message gary and he'll point you in the right direction
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    So this whole thing just kinda fell apart huh? That sucks....so now what??
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    no idea what happened here but there is a new thread starting for september, i know gary mentioned just carrying on with what we have until that starts on thursday
  • 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hope Jill is OK. Maybe she's sorry she couldn't keep up as captain? Whatever. I hope things get better for her and she is back on mfp. It's such a helpful site - I'd hate for this experience to derail her.

So, it was a rough month. My weight has also bounced back up. I'd like to think I'm building muscle back up - which is a good thing.

It would have been nice to have our team results compiled, but I don't think it makes sense for any of us to try to fill the captain shoes at this point. More important is the journey. More exercise. More effort. Small changes to diet. etc etc. Keep that momentum going and the weight will come off. And we're ready to TAKE ON SEPTEMBER!!! Gary may have kept a bunch of us together - I suggested that to him early on or he suggested it to me? Anyway, some of us may be together.

So, as for me, I'm going to try to do my best tomorrow to send August on its way and then I'm ready to redouble my efforts in September!!!

Good luck to everyone here on their weight loss journey. Congrats to all of you for your good eating choices, lots of water drunk, and workouts complete.
  • 3trees
    Options
    BTW, Gary posted earlier today that he still has spots left for September. If you want to continue, and haven't contacted him yet, it's not too late.
  • 3trees
    Options
    For those wondering what September will be like, Gary has posted the first week's challenges on his forum for the captains. With any luck, the link below will work.

Cheers,
    Sarah /3Trees

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/324248-tribal-captains-forum-closed?page=2#posts-4422524