Fitbit sync issues?

Options
12346»

Replies

• ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    I thought I was alone with this. I broke my Fitbit changing the strap, ordered a replacement, and immediately had the issue with the new one. Freaked me out more than a bit. Pissed me off a lot more.
  • hanginghere
    hanginghere Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I've been using MFP on and off for about a year. I have literally never had a problem with syncing until this past weekend.

I will get intermittent syncing. Example, yesterday I got about 7k/13.5k steps. Same with previous days. The issue I'm also having is even when I do finally get it to sync, it's not "catching up" with the rest of my steps from previous days. So I'm losing a lot of activity.

Also tried this Pacer app. Not doing anything for me either.

Edit: I've been doing what others have suggested and manually adding the difference of calories burned between MFP and Fitbit. Kind of a pain, but it works.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Can someone post here what that link says? For some reason I simply cannot access it from the office.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    teeseybabe wrote: »
    I’m definately having syncing issues with map and my fitbit verse for the last few days. I keel having to disconnect and unlink and reconnect and I’m not going to continue that. Not sure who’s fault it is but does seem to be coming from the MFP side. Does anyone know if they are looking at the problem or are we all just wasting our times???

The post directly above yours contains information that the MFP team posted on the "Help" page about this issue.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Can someone post here what that link says? For some reason I simply cannot access it from the office.

This is the text:

Hi there,

Our apologies if you are experiencing any issues with Fitbit. Our team noticed an issue starting on Friday, June 22nd, with a delay in the sync between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit.

Over the weekend, the issue worsened and some users may notice that no information synced during that time. We have fixed the core issue of no data syncing, but we are still seeing a delay of sync affecting member accounts. Depending on the number of requests in our sync queue, this delay could be a few minutes, or could be >10 hours. We are working to get this delay in the sync resolved as well.

Please also note that unfortunately, sometimes when there is an interruption the data for the day of the interruption can be lost. Our apologies for any issues this may cause.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Best,
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thank you! @janejellyroll
  • alysonbrown13
    alysonbrown13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is by FAR the longest the syncing has ever gone without working, right?? What in the WORLD is going on??? I pay for Premium and I sent an email on Saturday asking about this issue and what Premium members should be expecting if they couldn’t get this figured out and I have gotten ZERO response except an immediate reply telling me they got my email.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    This is by FAR the longest the syncing has ever gone without working, right?? What in the WORLD is going on??? I pay for Premium and I sent an email on Saturday asking about this issue and what Premium members should be expecting if they couldn’t get this figured out and I have gotten ZERO response except an immediate reply telling me they got my email.

I've been syncing my Fitbit since July of 2015 and I *think* there was one other episode where syncing was out for almost a week. I'm not positive about that though.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I’m definately having syncing issues with map and my fitbit verse for the last few days. I keel having to disconnect and unlink and reconnect and I’m not going to continue that. Not sure who’s fault it is but does seem to be coming from the MFP side. Does anyone know if they are looking at the problem or are we all just wasting our times???
    they also said not to keep doing that as it creates more data that they have to sync which can slow things down
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    they also said not to keep doing that as it creates more data that they have to sync which can slow things down

Yup! Which is why I haven't done that at all this time around and just stick to my trusty excel spreadsheet.

• spd1068
    spd1068 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find this increasingly frustrating. As a Fitbit and MFP user for years... the fact I now have to choose between one or the other is leading me towards using Fitbit only for food and exercise. The Fitbit food directory is not as robust as MFP, but it has improved greatly.
  • beachgirl146
    beachgirl146 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting having syncing issues this weekend. So it looks likes it has been an on going problem....