Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New to this positive vibes looking for someone down like to me to loose weight

Im starting this journey to loose weight. Im severelyobese everyone talks about myweight. I want to loose weight i just signed up to the gym butits hard to eat healthy when mykids wont eat healthy nor myhusband. Noone wants to workout with me. Im motivated butneed someone to stay motivated.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,836 MFP Moderator
    Welcome to the MFP Community. :)

Although it helps to have your family on the same journey, you can do this even if your kids and husband don't want to eat the same foods you do. Perhaps when they see the positive changes you make, they will also learn healthy habits that will stick for life. ;)

If you're just starting out, take a look at this thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

It's a list of the "most helpful" threads, as recommended by members of the community

And to add more friends, here's our largest thread for people wanting to add more friends:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176797/comment-here-if-you-want-more-friends#latest
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Repeat after me,

"If you don't want what I've made, make your own dinner!"

"If you don't like what I've bought, do your own shopping!"

I was a mean mother.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I was just having this same conversation on a different posts.

Picky kids and picky husband.

I started cooking entree for family, then in a separate pot or skillet I'd sautee or steam my veggies. Plate theirs first, throw my veggies back in with main entree and usually more spices, simmer a couple of minutes.

I would only make one meal, but alter mine to be healthier.

• MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    You can do it
    Im sure many people who achieved their goals started some point where their families disagree with what they are doing to achieve their goals
    Set ur goals and go! Good luck 🤞
  • llastrose
    llastrose Posts: 5 Member
    I hVe the sams issue. They also eat late and it sucks. I think sleeping early may help us stay on track as well.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Hey and welcome.

Point 1. Going to the gym will help you get fit but only has a very minimal impact overall on weight loss. That's not to say that you shouldn't be working out but keep in mind. Fitness happens in the gym and weight loss happens in the kitchen.

Point 2. Eating the same foods as your husband and kids won't keep you/make you overweight. Over-eating those foods will. As long as you monitor how much of that stuff you're eating there's no reason you can't enjoy the same foods as they're eating. Weight loss only requires a calorie deficit and this can be achieved with ANY food as long as you keep an eye on the amounts.
  • sankofa0906
    sankofa0906 Posts: 1 Member
    You can do it for sure! I started a few weeks ago doing Keto and moderate exercise and I’ve already lost 12 pounds. Set a goal and keep at it. It’s gonna take time, but don’t give up.