What's the soonest you can eat after waking up?

2»

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It's nothing I've ever thought about. I eat when I'm hungry and ready to eat.

same here.

...... and it probably depends on what the day ahead looks like.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I wake up at 6 and don't eat until 12-1. I have never been a breakfast person.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I have 2 cups of coffee when I get up, but I just can't eat food for at least 3 hours after waking. I feel like I've always been this way. I usually end up skipping breakfast completely and eating an early lunch at around 11am. Anyone else this way?

I wait at least an hour to have anything but water because of a medication I take. I might wait longer to eat if I do not feel hungry but usually I am ready to eat after that hour.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Most days within an hour, or two hours at the most. Saturday mornings I do my grocery shopping/errands early to avoid the crowds. I skip breakfast Saturdays, have a piece of fruit or nuts when I get home. Bigger lunch and dinner Saturday to compensate for no breakfast.
  • smithker75
    smithker75 Posts: 80 Member
    I wake on work days at 5:30am. I make a travel mug of tea for my 1-1.5 hour commute and have another cup of tea and a piece of fruit around 10am. I've never been much of a breakfast eater so this works for me.
    I also find if I eat early in the morning I'm hungrier during the day.
  • eoseid
    eoseid Posts: 4 Member
    I am also a coffee gal. Not interested in food until around 10, though I have been exercising more and am hungry earlier now. At work, I keep a bag of raw almonds and another of dried apricots. I find that a serving of each and a tall glass of water sustains me until lunch. On the weekend, I have either a fruit and yogurt smoothie, or scrambled eggs and whole grain pumpernickel. In winter, oatmeal.
  • Nottaway1
    Nottaway1 Posts: 26 Member
    About 10 mins.... 2 cups of oats, 6 eggs....
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    When i first started morning workouts I would get up at five and not eat until about nine. Now I eat a protein bar or something else small on my way to the gym, otherwise my workouts suffer. Probably within 20-30 min of waking up. I think it has to do with having less reserves to work off from.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    I've had morning sickness for the last 40 years of my life so can't eat for a few hours after getting up.

Weekdays I'm up at 5:30 , feed the dogs, and work out. I can keep a post-workout protein shake down at 6:30 if it's made with water. Solid food has to wait until around 9 AM at work although sometimes I don't even bother until lunch.

Weekends no breakfast at all, just protein.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    smithker75 wrote: »
    I also find if I eat early in the morning I'm hungrier during the day.

I've heard a lot of people say this! It's not the case at all for me, but I can definitely understand having a small (or no) breakfast if that were true for me.
  • tpg22
    tpg22 Posts: 7 Member
    I wake up at 5am and eat breakfast by 5:15am (unless I'm doing a pre-eating long ride or run).
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    Q: What's the soonest you can eat after waking up?

A: Whenever you're hungry. :)
  • katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2019
    I usually wake up hungry, so no more than two hours. If I don't eat, I get nauseated. And I absolutely have to have my morning coffee first thing.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I have heard of people who can eat and drink in their sleep.....
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I’ve never been able to eat right after I wake up. I start my day with black coffee. I get hungry depending on my activity. If I’ve worked out that morning or if the day before I ran I usually get hungry around 11-12, other days not until 2ish.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    I have heard of people who can eat and drink in their sleep.....

My daughter used to get up in the middle of the night and eat and not remember it. She would find half empty yogurt cups or a box of crackers in her bed in the morning.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,819 Member
    I'm not interested in eating in the morning until after "nature calls." I'm always ravenous after a bowel movement, so have a smoothie or something ready to go for after that happens.
  • bjkoziara
    bjkoziara Posts: 158 Member
    I tend to have nausea in the morning and usually don't eat until about 4 hours or so after I wake up. During my work week, I usually eat all my food between 12 pm and 8 pm and repeat. I don't like eating late because then I can't sleep, and 12 is just when I get to work, so no reason for the window other than convenience.

On my weekends I usually eat a little earlier because my husband is usually hungry within a couple hours so I figure I may as well eat, too.
  • ready2lose2101
    ready2lose2101 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm doing the 16:8 IF and skip breakfast so the bulk of my calories are consumed between 10a and before 6p. That works for me and reduces my temptation to snack late at night.