INTERMITTENT FASTING YES OR NO?

2»

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited July 2019
    Of course calorie counting and eating within a window (I still find it odd to call that fasting) are both tools. That's not some kind of insult, it's just true. They are tools to help make sure the calorie balance is whatever you want it to be, and it's not uncommon to use both at the same time.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    You should definitely try it. It's not something for me but like others have said it may work for you.
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    Does anyone know if there is an active group for intermittent fasting? I’ve searched without luck my ability to navigate this site is not the best. Thanks!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited July 2019
    Does anyone know if there is an active group for intermittent fasting? I’ve searched without luck my ability to navigate this site is not the best. Thanks!

Yes, there’s an Intermittent Fasting Group here.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member

Yes, there’s an Intermittent Fasting Group here.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

I believe it was you that mentioned that but I was not able to locate group. The ones I did find not seem to be active. Thank you.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    I'm having success NOT using it, so I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing. No disrespect to those who find it helpful....
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    I've really benefitted from fasting. The first was forced due to throat surgery. After I looked at food differently. Since then, I've done 24 hour fasts. Usually on Mondays. I absolutely love the simplicity and I don't suffer from cravings during the week. The second long fast was 5.5 days after my second surgery. I really think this will be a lifelong practice for me. However, what works for one may be torture for another 😂 do what works for you but be open to exploring. 👍
  • Sharod_BeastFit
    Sharod_BeastFit Posts: 61 Member
    16-8 fasting. With 2500-3000 cal burn a day. I will see how it works for me.
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Intermittent Fasting = Skip Breakfast. Thats all :)

However you want to achieve a calorie deficit without feeling like you are punishing yourself is the way to go.

Best of Luck

Yup!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I eat my dinner at 6 pm or thereabouts. I eat next at breakfast, somewhere around 10 am. I feel weird calling those hours in between a fast. 😕
  • justanotherjenn
    justanotherjenn Posts: 64 Member
    I think it's good if you prefer less bigger meals, than more smaller meals. I didn't like it - and I did it both with and without Keto.

My stomach can't handle huge meals, so I do better eating every few hours.
  • KSJR78
    KSJR78 Posts: 77 Member
    I love how I feel doing IF/OMAD. Its hard at first but worth it I think.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    KSJR78 wrote: »
    I love how I feel doing IF/OMAD. Its hard at first but worth it I think.

How many calories can you fit into that one meal a day? I'd be fainting all over the place doing that. 😯
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Fasting for me is eating my last meal by 6 pm and not having breakfast until 9-10:00 am the next day. If I eat breakfast at 10, I tend to skip lunch and just have a snack (fruit, cheddar bunnies, almonds).