Photos

Options
kloigton
kloigton Posts: 9 Member
Hi, started my new regime yesterday but only signed up today.
Read a lot of various different articles and one thing a number of folk said was that they regretted not taking "before" pictures.

I took the plunge and took some. Scary. But they are now filed away to be referred to when I think I may be struggling.

Found my first day easy enough. Stopped eating at 6pm yesterday and will probably have my first food of the day around 12pm today.

Glad to be here, best wishes to all.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,717 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community. :)

It sounds like you're trying out intermittent fasting?

Here's a link to one of our big social groups for people doing intermittent fasting:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting

Also if you're not sure where to start, take a look at this thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

It's a list of the "most helpful" threads, as recommended by members of the community
  • kloigton
    Options
    Thanks for the links
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I actually took a starting video so I couldnt hide behind lighting - then I sent it to a new email address I created and filed it in a sub folder of a sub folder in the junk box,haha.

Then I deleted the file, and the sent mail in my first email and deleted the deleted items,haha....talk about paranoid.

Now I'm glad I have that reference point as it inspires me when I feel I am hitting a plateau.

Good look to you
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    I am one of those who regrets not taking photos. I did learn my husband had a few on his phone I didn’t know about. I even wish I had saved some clothes so I could compare.

I started working with a trainer about four months ago, which was almost six months into my weight loss, and she takes photos every single session and texts them to me. I have zero photos from the first six months.

When I was feeling a bit down that very little weight had dropped off the scale since April (granted, we had five weeks of high calorie vacations, which I had to re-lose) I pulled up some of the first photos she sent me. I was blown away. The difference was very noticeable. I hadn’t “not lost weight”, I’d gained muscle, which is heavier, and toned up. A lot.

Take photos or ask someone to take them of you at regular intervals. They will serve as motivation, reference points, anxiety relievers, gifts of gratefulness, mile-markers of the weight loss journey, if you will.
  • kloigton
    Options
    I am aware that the scales are not the only measure of progress. Nice to have a jacket that sits properly or a shirt that doesn't gape when buttoned up.

Hoping to look at the current photos in a few months time and be shocked at the state of them and proud of the shape I will be in.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I took before pictures, but unfortunately, I never in a million years thought I'd want to share them, so I made the mistake of taking indecent pics and none fully dressed. (I thought if they're just for me, I want to see everything, nothing hid behind clothing)!

Fast forward, I wish I had before pictures to share!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I took before pictures, but unfortunately, I never in a million years thought I'd want to share them, so I made the mistake of taking indecent pics and none fully dressed. (I thought if they're just for me, I want to see everything, nothing hid behind clothing)!

All's not lost. Photoshop can restore your modesty if you choose at some stage to share more publicly =)
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »

All's not lost. Photoshop can restore your modesty if you choose at some stage to share more publicly =)

Haha, rotf, never thought of that!!!!!
  • kloigton
    Options
    There are free image manipulation programmes which you can use. Not only to cover your modesty but also fun to play with. Something else to keep you occupied and away from food.