Free meal/cheat meal once a week

13»

Replies

• donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    I used to worry about the cheat meal or cheat day. Now in my note section of my meal page, at the end of the day I post if I was over or under my goal calories for the day. The I add or subtract it to the next day. If I am in the green (beating my daily calorie goal) then I have those in the bank to use. I use those for weekend date night with my wife. So it is no longer a splurge or cheat meal, or day, it is simply staying within my weekly calorie goal. This keeps me motivated from Mon-Fri to keep my plan in place so that I can enjoy the spoils on the weekend.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    I used to worry about the cheat meal or cheat day. Now in my note section of my meal page, at the end of the day I post if I was over or under my goal calories for the day. The I add or subtract it to the next day. If I am in the green (beating my daily calorie goal) then I have those in the bank to use. I use those for weekend date night with my wife. So it is no longer a splurge or cheat meal, or day, it is simply staying within my weekly calorie goal. This keeps me motivated from Mon-Fri to keep my plan in place so that I can enjoy the spoils on the weekend.

Yes this is my strategy at the moment. Im allowed 1790 to lose 1lb per week. In the week I try to stick to 1290, sometimes this happens sometimes its around the 1400 or 1500s.

Then at the weekend I can stick to 1790, plus my exercise calories (the only time I exercise at the moment, need to improve that) and dont need to worry if I go over that a bit. Over time it will all even out.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    I've stopped logging on the weekends and I don't log on holidays, since most of it is guessing. I've been in maintenance since October, so I feel like it's fine for me to start loosening up a bit. I still don't go wild on my weekends, but I probably eat 500-800 calories over maintenance on at least one of the weekends, just because I'm going out to eat or whatever. I don't think it'll impact much as during the week I usually bank calories. Just started that yesterday and it was freeing to know I went over a bit but not have to see the bright reg negative number on MFP.
  • Bioluminescentbeachh
    Bioluminescentbeachh Posts: 25 Member
    jdog022 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone else does this with success? I have a personal trainer/dietician and he suggested I do this. How it would work in my case is one meal a week I would eat a normal sized portion of anything I want and not track it. 20/21 meals during the week I weigh and track everything. My trainer suggested this to help me with the mental stress of logging, not so much to help with macros. I hit my macros everyday and don’t have a hard time sticking to them at all. This would just be for the mental break one time a week, and he thinks it would also be highly motivational and keep me going and keep me from overdoing it later on.

Also, I already include everything I want to eat in my macros. I can make almost anything fit them :)

Is this a trainer pretending to be a nutritionist or an actual registered dietician?

His registered dietitian degree is available on his website. As I said he is both a dietitian and now he is a personal trainer.

• Bioluminescentbeachh
    Bioluminescentbeachh Posts: 25 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Since you are not overweight and want to work on body composition, I would highly recommend you lower your deficit. 2lbs a week is fairly aggressive and can lead to more muscle loss which will do the opposite of improving body composition.

I am eating 1600 NET I am eating enough thanks!