Whats your fav go to diet foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• CindyWarner
    Options
    I love soy products, Almond milk and almond butter. Just make sure that there's no added sugar. I personally get the ones that are in the baking section of the store instead of the side where the milk is kept. The product just tastes better. I do notice that soy has more sugar than almond milk but I try to add a little of both in my diet for balance.

Have fun eating good foods.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Yeah i use to drink soy milk and i liked it, but i know lots of friends that drink almond milk and figure i should give it a shot. I have to get those egg whites, ready to make. Def help when im taking care of my crazy busy daughter. Thanks everyone!
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    oh yeah Almond milk is amazing. I like it better then regular milk! And the chocolate one is amazing!!!
    I forgot asparagus. mmmm. my favorite veggie by far.
    throw some olive oil on them, a little mrs dash and grill 'em...so good.
  • healthylts
    healthylts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I prefer Almond Milk and like someone else said, I prefer the tetra packs found near the baking foods section. I agree that they just seem to taste better.

As for 'diet foods' I TRY to avoid them as much as possible and TRY to avoid processed foods. Shop the outside supermarket isles and eat fresh! If I stick with it, I have more energy and my stomach feels flatter.
  • KayJayKing
    KayJayKing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like to use cucumber slices in lieu of chips for dipping in salsa or hummus. They give me the crunch with out the calories.

Also, I enjoy flovored Almondmilk; I've got Vanilla right now. (Soy milk made some members of my family gassy.)
  • sunshine0610
    Options
    Hummus and vegs, I cant get enough
  • annabellesmile
    Options
    Muller Light Fat Free Assorted Chocolate Yogurts - under 99 cals a pot
    Also Go ahead yoghurt bars and crispy slices. - 147 cals
  • jimmychoo2shoes
    Options
    I'm also trying to stay away from the processed foods, so no diet food per se. Just about every time I shop, I buy lots of fruit (whatever's on season and cheap). I like to make a big bowl of it when i get hope so its all ready to go for a fruit salad treat whenever I want. I buy lots of veggies, because you can always use veggies. I alwats have eggs ang egg whites.
    For protein, I like to have some unsalted nuts and natural nut butter. I also picked up some of those tuna packs recently, so I'm trying those out. And I like to keep beans on hand.
    I drink the almond milk. I just switched to the unsweetened and it's okay. I don't mind making my oatmeal with it, but it was a bit rough to take just plain in a glass. I used to get the sweetened vanilla kind which is delish, but I thought I might clean it up a bit by getting the unsweetened. I've never looked for milk in the baking section. I'll have to check that out.
  • dogdaze
    dogdaze Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I stay away from processed foods as much as I can and this time of year is great for local fruits and vegetables
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Miracle Noodles are my latest food obsession. They're zero calories/carbs/etc and I like to add them to my stir-fry Asian-style dishes. They're super filling and are a great pasta substitute.
  • healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I tend to stay within the borders of the store too. I also tend to shop at the Persian markets (I am in SoCal) because they are about 70% cheaper on fruits and veges, than the chain grocery stores. Some of my favorite recipes are Booroni (sauted fresh spinach with garlic), in a little olive oil until brightly colored), then I mix in a bowl with fat free plain yogurt, add a little salt and serve with vege's or pita, another one of my favorites is Masta Keyar, which is Plain fat free yogurt mixed with cucumber, a little salt and a little dried mint, again with veges, or pita, or by itself. My favorite salad, Salad Shirazi, is diced cucumber, tomato, and onion, with a little olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and mint.

Hope these help. :)
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Yum! All of this looks/sounds yummy! Yeah i guess i sound have used a different word then "diet". I , too am not a big fan of that, and look to eat fresh, not processed. I like the "stay on the borders of the store" because thats exactly what i did today, except to get some special k cereal , crackers, and almonds. The last post had some yummy things that i would love to try. I