Favorite coffee?

Options
I’m looking to try a new coffee brand. I have a regular Ninja coffee maker and not a Keurig or anything. I normally do Folgers Black Silk. But I want to try something new. Thanks 🤗☕️

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I buy/drink local roasters mostly so my listing the names is unlikely to help. But my recommendation is: try some local roasters and buy their beans! You can try small amounts, and have them (or the store) grind if you prefer.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Love Starbucks coffee.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I drink black silk too! I have tried other brands, usually get them off Amazon and I always come back to Folgers. There is a really good brand of Costa Rican coffee called Britt that I really love. They sell it at Jungle Jim's and on Amazon!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Love Starbucks coffee.

IMHO Starbucks is gack!!!

We have a WinCo here that sells coffee beans in bulk that you can either grid in the store or at home like I do - I usually get the Sumatran Roast because it has lots of earthy-tones and is a very full-bodied coffee. Sometimes I will go with a French Roast or an Espresso bean for a change of pace, but I always end up back at the Sumatran.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Trader joes french roast low acid. I cold brew it and usually drink it hot (black). I find it super smooth. I also like local stuff but I do not drink enough coffee to justify the price or even regular place in my cuppords.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I make Arabic coffee, no machine needed 👐
    U can check it on YouTube
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Love Starbucks coffee.

IMHO Starbucks is gack!!!

Lol, I feel suitably chastised. I’ll be the first to admit I’m not a coffee snob or connoisseur, but I do know what I like.

Just my opinion... lot's of people would agree with you that Starbucks is good (look at how many of the shops there are in the world).
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    If I'm feeling fancy and like I can afford the splurge on nice coffee, Boyer's is my favorite. I have not had a flavor or roast I don't like. While I don't prefer black coffee, I use how it tastes black as a guage of a coffee's flavor quality. Boyer's tastes very good black. No bitterness. Just smooth and kind of sweet. Anyhoo, that's my reccomendation.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I get my coffee mail order. I use Square Mile, who are based in London so they don't have far to send it. I've done this for a while. I have a lot of trust in their roasters and selectors- I have had some exceedingly nice coffee, and nothing ropey at all.

This approach may not work as well if you live somewhere else...

I brew it with V60, syphon, French press, or filter machine depending on how energetic I feel and how much I'm making. In a fit of slightly bonkers enthusiasm, I bought a refractometer to measure the Total Dissolved Solids to check my brewing methods result in acceptable bounds.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    We buy beans from local roasters and grind them fresh every morning. I prefer a medium roast.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I do local too. We are also have a coffee club membership to try and expand our horizons. Our last batch was from Zambia and it was a very light roast which I did not care for. I may try roasting those beans some more.

I am not really a snob except to say that the Keurig makes the single worst cup of coffee. I have never had a blend that was good in it. I only drink it black so it may be fine for you people that mask the horribleness of it with cream and or sugar.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I buy Dark Fench Roast beans in bulk which I grind just b4 putting them in a French Press to brew the 20oz carafe of black coffee that I make fresh each morning.

No better coffee that that IMO.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Fair Trade Colombian Dark roast is my favourite right now. Drunk black with no sweetner. I prefer dark roasts. I buy the beans and grind them.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    I buy San Francisco Bay's French Roast at Costco and make Cold Brew with it. I also like Peet's coffee.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    These are the two I buy at the grocery store:
    Fara Coffee whole bean. Any light to medium roast.
    Ruta Maya medium roast whole bean.

When I want better, I go to Texas Coffee Traders and get one of their single origin offerings (preferably from Africa) in a blonde or medium roast. My current fave is YRGACHEFFE WORKA. It's a high elevation, organic and fairly traded Ethiopian bean. Hand picked. Whole bean; of course.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My favorite, and easy to get, is the Starbucks Sumatra. I buy whole beans and grind fresh daily before brewing.

When I am out and buying coffee from a coffee bar I look for single source beans from Indonesia (Sumatra) or Ethiopia. The flavor tends to be milder and smoother. Plus I have no problem drinking it without creamer.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Our local Costco has some great organic bean coffees (we have a coffee maker that grinds them for us).
    I also like Tim Hortons and even Dunkin’ Donuts for our home coffee maker.

Must add that I am obsessed with Starbucks nitro brew ;)
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I like light roasts the best because they have the most retained caffeine. The roasting process destroys caffeine, but imparts flavor. Flavor-wise, I like medium roasts the best. Caffeine-wise, I prefer blonde roasts. Dark and espresso roasts taste acrid and burned to me. I've done lots of coffee tastings and have gone to coffee conventions. I've had the good fortune to go to a convention with the owner of the above reference coffee roaster. I learned so much about coffee!

The school where I work has a student run, on-campus barista where we teach students the coffee trade. We have our own medium roast blend that we sell in the coffee shop and at various school events. We also sell that blend to the public in whole bean or custom grind.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Trader Joe's, organic light roast breakfast blend. I do like most of Starbucks light roast blends sold in Starbucks, get ground in store.

The light roasts aren't as deep of a flavor, but I like the stronger caffeine!