Has your style changed as you've lost weight?

Options

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing tank tops now and tighter tops. I NEVER would have done that in the past.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    It takes time to find your own personal style. It also has to do with age appropriateness; now that I’ve dropped 15 pounds I can fit into a lot of junior sizes, but at age 59 they usually look ridiculous on me. I’ve also discovered that I still like my skirt lengths a bit longer...an inch or two above the knee vs. mid-thigh. No bows or ruffles or frills or too much pink for me. Some necklines that look great on 30-somethings are just a bit too low-cut now for my taste.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I'm actually buying white pants and shorts for the first time in my life and not all black clothes! I'm wearing shorts instead of capris, tank tops instead of long tee shirts, and actually wore a bathing suit without a cover up in front of a bunch of strangers recently. I never would've even gone to the gym in leggings without a butt-covering tee shirt, now I run around in leggings all the time. I've been wearing less makeup, I need to hit Sephora or Ulta and try out some new stuff.

My biggest challenge is my feet shrunk so now I need new shoes too, I always thought shoes were a safe thing to buy! I'm getting new workout shoes this week, can't wait!

Oh yeah, definitely switched out capris for shorts here, too. I have a pretty bad scar on the back of one calf from spider bites and subsequent surgeries...but one bonus of weight loss has been a much smaller-appearing scar and I actually bare my legs a lot now!

While I still wear butt-covering tops with leggings, I wear those a lot too and not just with a skirt or dress on top (like in the past). I love my thicker Athleta and Pearl Izumi leggings as "pants" with longish shirts and never would have worn that before. Sometimes in the summer, I even wear them to my (very casual) office with a longer white or chambray button down shirt and white Birkenstocks.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Nope... Still wear the same type of crappy clothes.... just smaller.....
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I used to dress in baggy t-shirts to hide. Not anymore. It took time for my mental state to accept I was smaller and it was okay to wear from fitting clothes. No need to hide anymore. It has taken some time but I have gained confidence in myself and wearing form fitting clothes is my norm now. I used to pretty much only wear dark clothes... not anymore. :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I now have a whole closet full of pretty dresses. So, yeah :wink:

So do I!
    <--- looks around nervously.... :# lol

This is me politely but firmly requesting pics :wink:
  • dmbanach
    dmbanach Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I bought a skort for the first time and it felt GREAT to wear it. Still have to stop thinking "fat" when ordering new clothes. Am also caring more about my appearance.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments so far! I'm hoping we can keep this thread going. I need ideas. :)

I finally got myself to donate all my REALLY large clothes. For some reason, it was surprisingly hard (a lot of nostalgia, and I really liked some of the clothes); but I realized I don't ever intend to be that weight again. I finally see that wearing clothes MANY sizes too big is not flattering; I was definitely hiding myself.
    Getting rid of the larger old clothes is key to not regaining. If you have them to fall back on..the creep happens. ..yet.. I rode around in my car with my stack of old jeans in the trunk forever.. it was so hard to donate them, because I knew it was a done deal once I did. ...and..as I maintain..when my pants get tight.. I go right back to reducing..knowing I will be so ashamed of myself if I start buying larger sizes.
  • musicforhearts
    musicforhearts Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The biggest change for me is that I feel comfortable wearing tank tops and short sleeved shirts. Last year I wore long sleeved shirts to the gym every day, even in summer. Now I feel comfortable working out in anything, even cropped tops! It feels amazing to not be so self conscious, even though I have more weight to lose still :)
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I mainly just wear athletic wear every single day.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

So do I!
    <--- looks around nervously.... :# lol

This is me politely but firmly requesting pics :wink:

Careful what you wish for.... lol🙈
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My style has definitely improved. Now that I'm slimmer, I can find a great selection of good-quality clothes, and I really care about how I dress now. Before, it was t-shirts and sweats, and now it's skinny jeans and cashmere sweaters!
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    Just purchasing new clothes. I guess a little bit sure. The smaller bra sizes are cuter and don't look granny. The underwear is bikini now and not grandma parties. The blouses aren't curtains anymore, but actually tank tops. So yeah I'm sure there's a change😉