Scary Movies you love...

Options
audram420
audram420 Posts: 838 Member
Someone had posted a topic about the movie Insidious, which I didn't really like so I thought I'd ask the question:

so what has been a scary movie that has really stuck with ya?? Don't laugh, but I love excorsist type movies so I'm gonna say The Excorism of Emily Rose is one that I thought was good...freaked me out in theaters and I own the DVD!

Anyone else got a good ones?

Replies

• rwuchic
    rwuchic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would have to say the Shinning is one of my favorite and also Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween was pretty good for a remake.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    ALMOST any zombie movie. [=
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    blair witch project lol
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist-best movie ever!!!
    Im also a big fan of the first 4 hellraisers
    almost anything with zombies
  • audram420
    Options
    I would have to say the Shinning is one of my favorite and also Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween was pretty good for a remake.

Yes I love me some Rob Zombie...plus House of 1000 corpses and Devils rejects!! Though, these don't truely frighten me like the excorist movies do!!
  • audram420
    Options

Oh yes, I can't believe I forgot the Hellraiser movies..they used to scare the crap outta me in my younger days!! hehe
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Ringu - the Japanese original. For the first tine for ages I genuinely regretted watching it alone in a dark room and was afraid to open the door.

Anything with that level of suspense works for me - I was pleasantly surprised by paranormal activity.
  • audram420
    Options
    scary movie fans, friend me on MFP...=)
  • winterjade
    winterjade Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of the scary movies quite campy and sometimes pretty funny, but I still love them!!! My husbands fav is Evil Dead lol Mine, I liked the house on hauted hill, In the mouth of madness...I like more suspense/thriller type than the blood and gore...
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Paranormal Activity (only the first), The Shinning are my 2 favorites, I don't watch them that often the ones I like the most really scare me and I can't watch them alone. Even If i do watch them with people I don't sleep that night. haha
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I love watching scary movies but never get scared. I often am the one laughing, but I watch The Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and The Shining every time I see it on.
  • audram420
    Options
    Ringu - the Japanese original. For the first tine for ages I genuinely regretted watching it alone in a dark room and was afraid to open the door.

Anything with that level of suspense works for me - I was pleasantly surprised by paranormal activity.

Yes...these movies freak me out too...I'd put them up there with the Devil movies too...I don't think I'll watch this one again!!
  • audram420
    Options
    Me too..TCM will be watched if it's on TV...the original or the remake!!
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    I'm not a great fan of horror movies so I haven't seen too many of these...

Films I did find "scary" include:

Psycho
    No Country for Old Men
    Deliverance
    Duel
    Whatever happened to Baby Jane?
    Seven
    Rosemary's Baby
    Misery
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options

Whatever happened to Baby Jane?

Love this movie!!!!!!!!
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Best scary movie ever = Showgirls.

But seriously, I LOVE "scary" movies. Unfortunately, none of them really scare me. I keep trying...I watch just about every one that comes out, but I either laugh or get disappointed.
    The last movie I thought was creepy was The Sixth Sense.
    I miss feeling so scared I want to turn the channel. :(
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    I find a lot of the scary movies quite campy and sometimes pretty funny, but I still love them!!! My husbands fav is Evil Dead lol Mine, I liked the house on hauted hill, In the mouth of madness...I like more suspense/thriller type than the blood and gore...

omg i forgot about in the mouth of madness :heart:
  • WATRD
    WATRD Posts: 25
    Options
    "It puts the lotion in the basket, or it gets the hose again..."

Haunts me for months every time I see it...
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    This is crazy I was debating starting a thread on here about scary movies today as well LOL I also saw the Insidious thread and finally watched it and well was not scared as the girl who suggested it,but to each their own.
    I LOVE Martyrs, Ringu, Audition

Ones I love but aren't scary are 28 Days Later, Grace, Isolation, Lost Boys, and many many more and some traditional classics as well :D

PS I LOVE horror movies any kind low budget or high don't care bring it on and I will watch it. So any die hard fans can add me as well :P
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options

*swoon* love love love love love love hellraiser!!!!! scary as all get out when i was younger and i have no doubt if i watched it now it'd scare the piss outta me.

im gonna go see if i can instant netflix that ****!! :D thanks my love!