How to edit saved recipe

lori0587
lori0587 Posts: 1 Member
Wondering if a anyone knows how to edit a saved recipe, need to add an ingredient.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Please see this article, and many other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/13994-how-do-i-edit-or-delete-a-recipe-
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    If you go into the recipes tab, you can click on the individual recipe. From there you can click "edit recipe" to add/remove ingredients. If you've already logged the recipe, it won't be updated though so make sure you remove it and then re-log it.
  • blshopper
    blshopper Posts: 3 Member
    Cannot find edit option anywhere - selected food/add food/recipes tab/myrecipe... no edit option. Did not hear back from support -it’s been about a week since trying to contact them. iOS 12 with all app updates applied.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited July 2019
    I typed out an answer then realised I exclusively use MFP on my phone so the PC version may be entirely different. If you’re using a PC this might not make any sense, but on the off chance you’re using the phone I’ll retype!

At the very bottom right when in the diary is an icon ‘more’ that opens up to a list of features, including the ‘community’ link that you use to get to the forums. In that list is ‘Recipes, Meals, Foods’ (from memory, the last may be wrong). Accessing your recipes that way rather than through the diary/food entry should offer an edit option.

I had the same issue fairly recently because I swear you used to be able to edit directly from the diary access!
  • blshopper
    blshopper Posts: 3 Member
    THANK YOU! I never would have found that. I’m pretty sure it was accessible by entering via the diary before too.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    You’re very welcome! 😊
  • energyquest
    energyquest Posts: 1 Member
    I’ve always thought this was impossible- THANKYOU!!!