Having a blog and surrounding myself with sports helps me!

isacarvleitao
isacarvleitao Posts: 17 Member
edited July 2019 in Motivation and Support
So this is the third time in the last ... 4 years? that I started a fitness journey. On my other attempts, things went well for some time (maximum 4 months) and then I gave up. I'm still on my first month, I don't know if this time will be any different, but I found that two things have helped me a lot:
1) Last year I started watching tennis matches and became quite addicted. I played when I was 10-11 y/o but had been away from the sport for 12 years (I experimented a lot of different sports when I was little). As I became more immersed in the tennis world, I decided that I wanted to start playing it again (points for physical activity added to the routine) and have been doing so since november/2018 (and I LOVE it, I never don't want to go, never feel lazy about it). Being in the tennis world made me a fan of other sports too: women's soccer, volleyball.. I always like them, but was never a huge fan. As a result, I'm constantly reading about athletes, seeing their pictures, seeing them playing, and this inspires me a lot to be more fitness in my life and to be able to do some of what they do (play a nice match of tennis, soccer, etc).
2) Having a blog. Posting somewhere what is going on, even if no one reads it. I have to get better at this (I forget a lot) but it is helping me a lot, mainly because I can keep track of my results but also because at the end of the day I have to write about my day and reflect on it. It's quite good. I'm just starting, sure, but I feel like this has helped me a lot.

So yes, these are my motivations rn. Has anyone had some experiences like these?

p.s.:I started posting it on myblog here on myfitnesspal today (https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/isacarvleitao)

Replies

• Avand17
    Avand17 Posts: 31 Member
    I play hockey every week. Keeps me sane. Playing sports is my favorite form of exercise, because it seems less like work. If you feel like being a little crazy, I recommend playing tennis on roller blades. Did that when I was younger, it's ridiculous but fun.
  • isacarvleitao
    isacarvleitao Posts: 17 Member
    Avand17 wrote: »
    I play hockey every week. Keeps me sane. Playing sports is my favorite form of exercise, because it seems less like work. If you feel like being a little crazy, I recommend playing tennis on roller blades. Did that when I was younger, it's ridiculous but fun.

OMG TENNIS ON ROLLER BLADES !!!! I SO WANT TO DO IT! Don't know where tho, I don't know if the clay courts I play in would be too roller blades friendly lol