Carbs!! Bad? Please help!

Options
Goodmorning everyone! I'm a bit confused as whether to keep my carbs at 45% on MFP? Some say to cut back on the carbs? My diary is open to view for feedback!!

What is your daily carb intake in grams?? MFP seems to give me a high amount but I never go over.. I'm always under. I feel like I'd just be so sluggish without carbs. And I definitely DON'T want to GAIN weight with eating too much carbs.

Tips / help please!!

Replies

• jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. Controversial subject.

I go with 45/35/20 - carb/protein/fats but I'm sure you'll get a lot of differing opinions on the subject
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not bad in themselves but there are bad carbs - refined sugars and processed, simple carbs. Avoid those and you should be fine. If you want to reduce carbs, give it a try and see how you feel. If you feel rubbish, increase them again. Find a ratio that works for you. 40% 30% 30% (c/p/f) works best for me but different amounts work for different people.
  • sreece13
    sreece13 Posts: 12
    Options
    Everybody needs carbs. You just want to be sure that you are getting them from the right places. Like complex carbohydrates vs. simple (processed) sources. Also, you get carbs from fruits and vegetables too which are really beneficial and give you energy that way. Whole grains contain natural fiber which is important for digestive health, as well as cardiovascular health. Its not good to cut them out completely and would certainly be hard to sustain over time.