Replies

• jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    bumping to save for later
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    I scrub my face with baking soda after working out, then occasionally an olive oil, vitamin e oil, sugar, salt, and peppermint scrub. It keeps my skin clean and smooth.

I've eschewed shampoo and conditioner. For about a year I've used a water/baking soda rubbed into my scalp, then rinse. Then I rinse with diluted apple cider vinegar. I haven't had dandruff since I've been doing this and I used to have it badly. My hair is very sleek and soft (I sound like a commercial!) and I know it sounds weird to alot of people, but doing this routine means I don't strip my hair of it's natural oils, but I get rid of excess and I feel clean.

I don't know if anyone else has gauged ears, I have mine at 5/8 of an inch, but I also clean them with baking soda which gets rid of the dead skin.

No, I don't sell baking soda for a living. :P

Does it help with itchy scalp as well?
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You can make your own layers by flipping your hair over, brushing it down and cutting in a straight line. I've been cutting my hair like this for years now.
  • Sa2ah
    Sa2ah Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    when washing my face i use a scrub first then an acne wash after rinsing the scrub off. the first washing only removes makeup, dead skin, and oil, the 2nd wash actually gets deep into the skin & thats when the medication in the cleanser is able to do its job. this has dramatically cleared up my cystic acne. the scrub is a salicylic acid one and the cream cleanser is a benzoyl peroxide. my face lotion after is salicylic acid.
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    ty for the great tip!!! I bought that wen product that u see on tv infomercials, its not all that they lead u to believe...the first few times u use it ur hair feels silky but after that back to ur old hair again!!!lol but if u dont use it for a month or 2 it works again!!! but ty for the tip!!! geri:flowerforyou:
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    *olive oil for lips...haven't had chapped lips in 20+ years.

*moisturize right when you get out of the shower while your pores are open.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    yeah when i get out of the shower i leave my skin slightly damp so i can apply my lotion, it makes your skin INCREDIBLY soft
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    You can make your own layers by flipping your hair over, brushing it down and cutting in a straight line. I've been cutting my hair like this for years now.

I've been doing this for a few months and I prefer it to the layers the stylists used to cut in :smile:
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

I've been doing this for a few months and I prefer it to the layers the stylists used to cut in :smile:

omg i would LOVE to try this but i'm terrified lol
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options

If you comb it through and hold your hair between two fingers so you've got a straight line to follow, you can't muck it up - I promise :wink:
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE should moisturize! i learned that at a MK meeting. even if you skin is oily, you still need to moisturize. your skin needs it. just make sure you use the RIGHT kind of moisturizer. there are different types out there.........normal/dry skin type, and combo/oily skin type one!

and if you are going for a DARING RED LIP:
    1. do a lip treatment if you have it(ie: mk satin lips set)
    2. put a small amount of FOUNDATION on your lips
    3. use a lip PRIMER
    4. LINE and FILL your lips with a lip liner
    5. add your lipstick
    ^ everything you have done there will give you a long lasting, incredible red lip!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    bump
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    A few of mine:

I shave with conditioner or lotion. Leaves my skin super soft.

While taking a bath I will coat my hair in olive oil and wrap it in a plastic bag...let it sit for about 30mins and then rinse, wash and it's so soft and shiny.

I add epson salt to my body wash...helps sluff off dead skin all over.
  • AthennasMommy
    AthennasMommy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    Bump

I thought you was going to give loads! :)
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    i use vaseline as an eye-makeup remover, works wonders on waterproof eyeliner and mascara

baby lotion works as well! just uhh be careful.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

If you comb it through and hold your hair between two fingers so you've got a straight line to follow, you can't muck it up - I promise :wink:

so gonna do this now!! :happy: