Can I live off of protein powder, rice cakes and walnuts

Options
Rice Protein Powder and Soy milk for my shakes. Rice Cakes for my carb levels and walnuts for fat levels.

Can I?
ยซ1

Replies

• kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    A varied diet is a healthy diet. Limiting yourself to a few things will most likely cause more harm than good.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Sounds so terrible
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    And pellagra!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    probably live, but be malnourished, as you are not getting all your vitamins and minerals with that diet.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    In one sense: No law against it.
    In another: Not for long.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I would ask if you were stranded on a deserted island but apparently you have internet access.

The human body is not as fragile as the anti-processed must have healthy all the time people would have us believe. However if you take it to the other extreme for a long enough period it could be quite terrible. It could involve an extended stay at a hospital and it could even kill you.

You can lose weight, if that is your aim, without ridiculous diets. You may not think it is possible because you have unreal expectations and/or you don't understand body weight fluctuations and you misunderstand bathroom scale results.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I would argue that something that bland, boring, and repetitive is not "living".
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how anyone who is trying to gain weight would think this diet is adequate. Rice cakes are heavily associated with people trying to lose weight and don't mind eating the equivalent of packing material.

If there is an aisle with walnuts and rice cakes where the OP lives how is there not other packaged food items?

This whole thing seems odder now.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Rice Protein Powder and Soy milk for my shakes. Rice Cakes for my carb levels and walnuts for fat levels.

Can I?

Ya kinda need some fruit and veg for micro-nutrients.