Vacation is killing me

Options
tom_terrific55
tom_terrific55 Posts: 2 Member
I’m walking my *kitten* off in the morning an partying it off at night. Can’t wait to get home an get back on track.

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    What does it feel like?
  • tom_terrific55
    tom_terrific55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shameful. Like I let myself down. I felt good about the weight I lost. Thanksgiving I found out that I was type 2 diabetic. It only took me three months to lose enough weight to get off the meds an lose the title diabetic. I went from 300 lbs down to 243 by July 5. I gain about 11 back on vacation.
  • Ming777
    Ming777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear, I am on vacation and everything is going off the rails too. I can’t keep track of what I’m eating and I can’t bring myself to resist temptation either. Oh and I’m laying around all day.
  • ready2lose2101
    ready2lose2101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We went on vacation twice this summer to Six Flags and Disney. With both trips, my well thought out diet plans went out the window. I didn't dwell on it though and got back into my routine when I got home. All is well now but I completely understand how a vacation can wreck your weight loss progress.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say vacations "wreck" weight loss at all! Enjoy yourselves, don't worry about it too much, and get back on track after you're home. You'd have to eat thousands upon thousands of calories ABOVE your maintenance calories to gain several pounds over a week's time.

Read this thread and don't worry about destroying the good work you've already done: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10603949/big-overfeed-ruins-everything-nope/p1

Life is short. Fill it with happy memories and don't mar a perfectly awesome vacation with a negative inner dialogue!