Venting

2»

Replies

• DivaDreamer77
    DivaDreamer77 Posts: 76 Member
    Try using a juicer and broth based soups. I couldn't eat after having jaw surgery for months. It's easy on stomach with almost no solids and it's great to flush your system.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    The thing about being lactose intolerant is that there’s milk in a lot of things you don’t expect such as bread and packaged snacks, so it could be sneaking into your diet in ways you don’t realize. If you’re really sensitive, that could be affecting you. Maybe you need lactaid pills before meals just to be safe?
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    I think you should call back the clinic and ask to speak with a physician’s assistant, if not the doctor. Explain your situation. That’s too long to have to wait. Did the receptionist indicate why your appointment had to be canceled at the last minute?

Or another possibility - I don't know where you live but here in Canada pharmacists can now write prescriptions for minor ailments, and in case they can be good sources of advice on other issues. It might be worth calling in to talk with yours and see if they can offer any suggestions?
  • bjkoziara
    bjkoziara Posts: 158 Member
    If you're lactose intolerant, does boost/ensure not have milk?

Definitely advocate to see another doctor sooner. My gp also has same day emergency appointments if you call first thing in the am.

It does but it is considered safe for lactose intolerance and it doesn't bother me at all.

I did call and got an appointment with another physician in the practice - I guess mine is on vacation for a couple weeks.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    So relieved that you were given an appropriate exam and that you're heading towards a result. ❤
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Look up the symptoms of gallstones and see if that is a possibility. If so then eating small meals and limiting fats might help ease symptoms until you see the doctor, or at least give you an idea of when you should seek more urgent attention.

From personal experience: I was thinking exactly the same. I'm currently keeping my fats at below 50g per day but will probably have to go lower than that.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Great that the Doc took you seriously and that you’re getting the care you deserve!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,145 Member
    When my gastroparesis was really bad, I was pretty much living on a blend of lemon-lime Gatorade and Syntrax Nectar protein in Roadside Lemonade flavor. Protein, electrolytes, a little sugar for carbs....Kept me from literally falling over for a few months.