He said it wouldn't fit...

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The sales clerk was not on a message board free to throw about his opinion. He was being paid to provide GOOD customer service. Someone in retail should certainly be tactful and polite to their customer. Offer to "try it on first to make sure it's a good fit" would have been much better.

Unless your customer is a total a$$hat, I say someone in retail or service is being paid to be nice, damnit *LOL*
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wow xraychick77, you're quite rude yourself. Do work at Big 5 too?
    I've seen some of her posts before, they tended to be along the same lines. I don't get why someone would even bother to post that kind of nonsense in the first place :frown:

But on to the clerk... you should definitely call or write the manager. A sales associate's job is ASSIST customers and MAKE SALES. Telling a customer that something won't fit or work for them (without checking it out) is just plain rude :noway: and most likely against the store's policy because it loses the company a potential sale. The correct way to handle it would have been to show it to you, offer to let you try it on, and then IF didn't fit offer suggests or solutions to make it fit like an extension. If its a velcro strap you can buy extensions at any fabric store or a walmart (and maybe even the store you were in -i'm not familiar with the name).

Keep up the awesome work and don't let idiots get in your way... just run them over while wearing your new arm strap!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Side note: AWESOME for you for the exercise by the way. And I whole-heartedly agree you should tell a manager about that sales rep.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Seriously?!?!? I would report his *kitten*....stat! What a freakin' rude *kitten*. Ugh!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I think I would have said, "huh... look at that it fits. I think I will go some where else & buy it where the customer service isn't so rude" and give it back to him. What a jerk.
  • Honey1990
    Options
    Whatever.

my girlfriend is a big girl, and the ipod arm band thing barely fit her. she had to use the extension. so i can see his point. would you have rather wasted the money and find it didnt fit.
    geeze people will find anything to complain about.

really??? why even say anything if your going to say things like this???? it was rude of him. and everybody but you thinks so!
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That was SHOCKING. He should *not* have said that - and yes, I would definitely complain. People like that shouldn't deal with the direct public.

Also, of course xraychick77 is just being contradictory and irritating, but nobody has to insult her personally. If she wants to be condescending and negative, so be it.
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Don't be mad, you won, you should be having the last laugh.

What a idiot he was. Oh well, karma gets us all.
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    No way should he had said that! That is not good customer service and it's just plain rude, how did he know for sure that it wasn't going to fit you?! Especially as it flipping did! I would complain if it was me...
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well, it is kinda rude but remember, living well is the best revenge.

I agree living well is the best revenge, complaining is wasting your time & energy and I'm a believer that Karma will get him in the end if he indeed did mean to insult you. I like to think the best of people and maybe he had had a lot of other customers in where the ipod armband didn't fit i.e. fault in the product :) Anyhow you have got it, it fits so now you can have motivational music playing on your workouts. You have pointed out a far more important product fault which is WHY don't workout pants (trousers for us English) have more pockets in them?! Best of Luck :D
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    People have no class anymore, especially people that wear name tags(no offense to those reading this)
    I worked at a department store when I was in college and I would said, "Why don't you try it on and see how it looks"

Good for you.
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think I would have said, "huh... look at that it fits. I think I will go some where else & buy it where the customer service isn't so rude" and give it back to him. What a jerk.

I agree with this! How rude and ill-bred. I hope he didn't make any commission from the sale!
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    How rude, I would have shown him that it fitted but then told him to shove it and you were going to buy it in a shop that wasnt staffed by a$$e$

Well done btw:smile:
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    I've been on MFP for over 60 days. I go to the gym regularly--about 5 times a week. I've lost 17 pounds.
    Congratulations!
    ....I went to Big 5 on my way to the gym today. As I went in this guy looks at me and asks me what I'm looking for. I tell him. He kind of hemmmmsss and haws...and finally says well sure they have that but it wouldn't fit me.
    Sometimes "filters" don't work well until wisdom is gained which we all know takes years! I agree; you should contact managment but rise above thee irritation and suggest some type of training for the salesperson. Maybe it wasn't intentional. How old was the guy? If he was younger maybe he didn't know he was saying something so rude. If he was older, still, obviously he doesn't possess the wisdom to filter such comments and needs a little training.
    I'm big but I'm not THAT big!! :explode:
    Filter should've engaged here. I cringed a bit when I read it. What is "THAT" big? Someone who is "bigger" than you may read this comment and feel just like you did.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it matters how old he is, even my children have been taught not to be rude! Parents don't teach their children respect anymore, hell we even learned it in school from our teachers when I was a kid. I don't know, maybe it's just a southern thing!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely write and complain. That is downright rude.
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    I really don't think it matters how old he is, even my children have been taught not to be rude! Parents don't teach their children respect anymore, hell we even learned it in school from our teachers when I was a kid. I don't know, maybe it's just a southern thing!
    I agree whole-heartedly! I too was raised to respect others. You said it all, "Parents don't teach their children respect anymore". So age does matter.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    wow that was rude i am glad you stuck it to him :)

i agree my children know what to say and not to say, and i am from the north so it has to be the parents and how he was raised!
  • ritaisblsd49
    Options
    Good for you. I guess you showed him. have a great and bless day.:happy:
  • ritaisblsd49
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you on your weight loss and to you fteale on reaching your goal weight. You all have inspired me more to continue on on my quest to lose this weight. Again thanks and have a great day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!