Help! Falling off track!

Options
Hey everyone! I’m really losing sight of my goals and haven’t been feeling the best lately. I really want to lose at least 40 lbs. I don’t know if it’s stress, my new job, or just not having enough time for myself but I’ve gained almost 15 pounds these past couple months and I was already struggling with losing weight before. I just don’t feel like myself. I feel unhealthy, fatigued, and just feeling hopeless. I feel like I need an extra push to help me get back on track! If anyone would like to add me as a friend please do! I feel like having a support group would encourage me to keep going! It won’t let me add any friends for some reason so if anybody out there would like to add me so we can encourage and help each other please do! I’m looking forward to meeting some positive people with new ideas and advice! Thanks :)

Replies

• skrippta719
    skrippta719 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What's up, young lady? Where exactly you are falling off? Do you sleep enough? Because ghrelin will spike your munching...
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,744 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community. :)

If you're just starting out, take a look at this thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

It's a list of the "most helpful" threads, as recommended by members of the community
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Is the photo of you recent? You...don't appear to have 40 lb to lose...
  • lacdb87
    lacdb87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you as a friend! I find I am doing pretty good by myself but no one else in my close social circle are paying attention to their food intake and it makes "cheating" a lot easier for me. I'm am finding exercise very difficult to fit into my incredible full schedule of fulltime work and motherhood, so I have to make sure I stay focused on food the most. I would love to have someone to hold me accountable when I don't make the best choices and pat me on the back when I'm doing well!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Chantelmp wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I’m really losing sight of my goals and haven’t been feeling the best lately. I really want to lose at least 40 lbs. I don’t know if it’s stress, my new job, or just not having enough time for myself but I’ve gained almost 15 pounds these past couple months and I was already struggling with losing weight before. I just don’t feel like myself. I feel unhealthy, fatigued, and just feeling hopeless. I feel like I need an extra push to help me get back on track! If anyone would like to add me as a friend please do! I feel like having a support group would encourage me to keep going! It won’t let me add any friends for some reason so if anybody out there would like to add me so we can encourage and help each other please do! I’m looking forward to meeting some positive people with new ideas and advice! Thanks :)

Before you can lose you absolutely have to stop gaining. You suggest you have a new job - that is one possible change to your routines and activities. For example on my longer commute days, it is hard for me to work out because I'm too tired. First thing I would suggest is cut out all drinks with calories. Up your water amounts, drink tea and coffee with no-sugar only, and just a little cream if needed, no juice, no sodas (that aren't diet). Perhaps you are consuming more liquid calories. Then look at the meals you are eating at work (are they quick foods that someone else prepares, meaning your control over the calories is pretty shot). That's were I would start. Pack your breakfast, and pack your lunch. Log what you are eating, so you halt the gain.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

Stress can cause water retention and, of course, overeating.

I suffer from anxiety and depression. I was also an emotional overeater. Within 2 weeks of filling out the food diary and staying in a calorie deficit, my stress and anxiety were lessened and the compulsion to overeat disappeared naturally.