how my boobs are going to react

Options
So I weight 72 kgs (159 lbs), I am planning to lose about 15 kgs (33 lbs) and I wonder if my breasts will sagg afterwards? Note that my cup size is 34B (US) which is not big at all, my breasts aren't that perky to begin with and I am 18 yo (I don't mind them getting smaller). Actually I heard a doctor say that weight loss can actually cause breasts to look perkier

Replies

• Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I really doubt there will be a big difference, but honestly, all of us have different bodies, there's no way to predict how yours will change. I've lost 78 pounds and my breasts still look about the same in shape.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I’m 76 kg and worried about the same thing but my breasts are DD so more of a chance
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options
    I'll add that because of your age, your skin likely has a lot more elasticity than someone who is older.

Just take the weight loss at a steady pace, 0.5-1lb per week would be about right as you're only just into an overweight range unless you're very short.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    Mine sag, but I'm 62, so not surprising. I lose weight first in my breasts, so went from a C cup to an A when I lost 50 lbs. There's a little perkiness, but no firmness to them.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    The good thing about smaller breasts is they aren’t likely to sag much. Mine used to be 36C now I wear a 36A or 34B after losing but they don’t sag - and I’m a mom who breastfed and is almost 40. I think you will be fine.

If you are really worried doing strength exercises to build up your chest muscles under the breast can help lift them and keep them perkier.
  • justanotherjenn
    justanotherjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think a good indication is to consider your breast size before gaining weight. That is probably what they will go back to size wise. As far as sagging, I think at a smaller size, you should be ok.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    I'm a C and can lose a substantial amount of weight without much change in the cup size. The band size changes more, but I go from like a C+ at my highest to a C- at my lowest.

My right breast tends to be less perky but regular upper body exercises like chest flies helps with that.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    taessane wrote: »
    So I weight 72 kgs (159 lbs), I am planning to lose about 15 kgs (33 lbs) and I wonder if my breasts will sagg afterwards? Note that my cup size is 34B (US) which is not big at all, my breasts aren't that perky to begin with and I am 18 yo (I don't mind them getting smaller). Actually I heard a doctor say that weight loss can actually cause breasts to look perkier

How tall are you?

That aside, I went from 142 to 123 lb back in 2016 (eating disorder much)....and my boobs basically just vanished and I looked like a teenage boy so...there's that.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I’m hoping I lose breast size. I’m a 38DD and have I have a smaller lower body. I hope with more weight loss I will look more proportioned.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of factors and fortunately you have a couple on your side. You're young and you don't have a whole lot to lose. I wouldn't worry too much about it since you don't carry a lot of weight in your chest, so you're most likely not going to lose a whole lot from there. I'm a 32DDD right now and I didn't experience any issues with my breasts until I hit 50 pounds lost, I'm in my 30's, and I carry a lot of weight in my upper body so I lost a lot of weight there (I have a lot of stretch marks in my breasts and under my upper arms). I had more things working against me.
  • taessane
    taessane Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    taessane wrote: »

How tall are you?

That aside, I went from 142 to 123 lb back in 2016 (eating disorder much)....and my boobs basically just vanished and I looked like a teenage boy so...there's that.

I am pretty tall 1.73 m (approximately 5'8")
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I lost 42lbs. The first 35lbs made almost no difference in my breasts, they got smaller proportionally. This first weight loss took me from obese to normal weight and probably healthier body fat levels. I lost that weight quickly, probably because I was overweight.

I lost the next 7 very slowly, I swear it almost all came from my boobs. They shrunk considerably. They are quite saggy, but I'm 31 and I've been pregnant 3x.

It can go both ways, and it can go both ways in the same person!

I was going from a 34M/32N, got as small as a 28G, now I've expanded my back muscles enough to be a 30G/32DDD. I'm finally getting back into mainstream sizes! and I'm quite short, I'm 5'0".
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I too used to do strength training regularly that included those types of exercises for my pecs. I do feel it has helped my somewhat large breasts (38DD) to have natural lift. I’m 48 and losing weight slowly. I am going to start doing them again to build up my pec muscles a bit to avoid sag as I lose more weight.