how my boobs are going to react

Options

Replies

• maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options

It just seems a little unfair to assume her goal is unhealthy based off your own perceptions when we don't know her or her medical history, and her goal is within the healthy range per BMI.

Isn't it also worth noting OP hasn't said anything since the initial post? No background whatsoever so...maybe if she gave us more info, it would help with that end.

And yes-having a goal weight that is outside of your set point weight and forcing your body to lose weight to achieve that number...it is actually unhealthy. If your body naturally wanted to be at 145 lb and you restrict and work out a lot in order to reach 120...not healthy.

Many people are here, on this app, because their "set point weight" is 100s of lbs over a healthy weight. I don't believe in the whole "set point weight." Your body weight is a reflection of CICO. If I ate everything I wanted everyday I would be overweight.

There is a difference between set point and "ate everything I wanted".

Set point means that there is a weight where our body runs most efficiently and is most comfortable. A lot of times it isn't the weight we want. I'd LOVE if my set point weight was 120 lb....but it isn't. It's more like 140-145 lb. In order to get lower than that, I have to do some serious restriction and a lot of exercise (beyond moderate).

Set point is the weight (range, mind you) that your body is when you eat healthfully most of the time, treats sometimes and exercise in moderation. In other words....living a healthy lifestyle. This is barring medical conditions such as thyroid problems, issues that cause hypermetabolism such as active AIDS or cancer, etc.

I guess we don't know what OPs "set point weight" is though.

That's my point though. We have minimal information about the OP.
    From the picture (granted it shows shoulders up) she does not appear to be overweight...It is all fine and well to wish to have a smaller body (granted, this is typically driven by society and the media's standards of beauty-which has changed many many many times over the ages), but the means by which we achieve it and whether or not we're working against what our body naturally needs or wants, that is the issue. Working out to burn off x amount of calories and not eating foods in order to achieve a goal amount of calories when our body is perfectly healthy already...why? Aesthetics.
  • Pricklypineapple422
    Pricklypineapple422 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

It just seems a little unfair to assume her goal is unhealthy based off your own perceptions when we don't know her or her medical history, and her goal is within the healthy range per BMI.

Isn't it also worth noting OP hasn't said anything since the initial post? No background whatsoever so...maybe if she gave us more info, it would help with that end.

And yes-having a goal weight that is outside of your set point weight and forcing your body to lose weight to achieve that number...it is actually unhealthy. If your body naturally wanted to be at 145 lb and you restrict and work out a lot in order to reach 120...not healthy.

Many people are here, on this app, because their "set point weight" is 100s of lbs over a healthy weight. I don't believe in the whole "set point weight." Your body weight is a reflection of CICO. If I ate everything I wanted everyday I would be overweight.

Set point means that there is a weight where our body runs most efficiently and is most comfortable. A lot of times it isn't the weight we want. I'd LOVE if my set point weight was 120 lb....but it isn't. It's more like 140-145 lb. In order to get lower than that, I have to do some serious restriction and a lot of exercise (beyond moderate).

Set point is the weight (range, mind you) that your body is when you eat healthfully most of the time, treats sometimes and exercise in moderation. In other words....living a healthy lifestyle. This is barring medical conditions such as thyroid problems, issues that cause hypermetabolism such as active AIDS or cancer, etc.

From the picture (granted it shows shoulders up) she does not appear to be overweight...It is all fine and well to wish to have a smaller body (granted, this is typically driven by society and the media's standards of beauty-which has changed many many many times over the ages), but the means by which we achieve it and whether or not we're working against what our body naturally needs or wants, that is the issue. Working out to burn off x amount of calories and not eating foods in order to achieve a goal amount of calories when our body is perfectly healthy already...why? Aesthetics.

I guess I relate to OP because I lost weight in the upper half of my body before my lower. My reasoning for weight loss is purely sports performance, hopefully OP will give some more information. I could be healthy at 20 lbs heavier, but for me, I feel 100 times better at this lower weight. My running distance and speed have both drastically improved since losing the weight. I have more energy and am stronger than I have ever been. At this point, we can't say if losing weight is unhealthy for OP. That has been my point.
  • maureenseel1984
    Options

I guess I relate to OP because I lost weight in the upper half of my body before my lower. My reasoning for weight loss is purely sports performance, hopefully OP will give some more information. I could be healthy at 20 lbs heavier, but for me, I feel 100 times better at this lower weight. My running distance and speed have both drastically improved since losing the weight. I have more energy and am stronger than I have ever been. At this point, we can't say if losing weight is unhealthy for OP. That has been my point. [/quote]

I had thought my running was better when I was thinner...runners are notorious for wanting to be thin for performance reasons...however, also at high risk for the female athlete triad. I found being at 142 was just fine for me as far as weight goes...I built up muscle and my performance was still great.
  • Pricklypineapple422
    Options

I guess I relate to OP because I lost weight in the upper half of my body before my lower. My reasoning for weight loss is purely sports performance, hopefully OP will give some more information. I could be healthy at 20 lbs heavier, but for me, I feel 100 times better at this lower weight. My running distance and speed have both drastically improved since losing the weight. I have more energy and am stronger than I have ever been. At this point, we can't say if losing weight is unhealthy for OP. That has been my point.

I had thought my running was better when I was thinner...runners are notorious for wanting to be thin for performance reasons...however, also at high risk for the female athlete triad. I found being at 142 was just fine for me as far as weight goes...I built up muscle and my performance was still great.[/quote]

I'm glad we both found what works for us. Everyone's different for sure!
  • maureenseel1984
    Options

I had thought my running was better when I was thinner...runners are notorious for wanting to be thin for performance reasons...however, also at high risk for the female athlete triad. I found being at 142 was just fine for me as far as weight goes...I built up muscle and my performance was still great.

I'm glad we both found what works for us. Everyone's different for sure! [/quote]

Agreed. I am just wary I suppose. I have four sisters (all, like me, had eating disorders...and all but one were runners) :( .
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You are young, they are small, do some chest exercises, rowing, some light weights, etc.
  • taessane
    taessane Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I don't think my goal is too much bc I feel heavy and not healthy at all. I do have large bones in my lower body but I wouldn't say so about my upper one, after losing about 23 lbs in the past three years I assumed that I have 30 more to lose based on how I looked and how much I lost, needless to say that I'll stop losing weight right after reaching my desired results bc a number on the scale doesn't have that much of importance to me. Right now, some people would tell me I'm fat and others tell me that I'm normal. Also sorry for not being here I was on a trip.
  • taessane
    Options

Well I don't know either but what I know is that my set point is a lot lower than my current weight
  • Pricklypineapple422
    Options
    taessane wrote: »

Well I don't know either but what I know is that my set point is a lot lower than my current weight

I completely support you and it sounds like you are being healthy which is obviously important. You got this! I feel a lot better after losing weight, hopefully you experience this as well :smile:
  • taessane
    Options

as I said most fat is in my lower body and when I start losing weight most of it goes from my belly my neck and my face but few of it goes from were I actually store it, mum said that over these three years my bust size decreased as well but I'm not sure about that tbh, also my body is far far away from being healthy my hair my skin and my weight say lot about it.
  • taessane
    Options

I also want to lose weight to feel better because weight and lack of activity makes me sick and tired all the time, I feel weak, puberty was never the reason why I suddenly started gaining weight when I was younger, I went through rough times and ate a lot, before that I was always very active and thin, the food I was eating wasn't healthy since I don't eat vegetables at all (still not eating them tho) but it doesn't affect a child much as does when you grow older, I definitely was way thinner than now
  • maureenseel1984
    Options
    I don't eat vegetables at all (still not eating them tho) but it doesn't affect a child much as does when you grow older, I definitely was way thinner than now

Age?

Striving to be as thin as you were then is not necessarily realistic.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options
    You are young, they are small, do some chest exercises, rowing, some light weights, etc.

Not rowing, for front of the chest, if you mean boat/machine rowing. Rowing is all upper body pull, no push. Simplistically, you need upper body push for pecs and their near neighbors. But rowing can potentially help posture, which potentially can help how a woman's chest appears, by reducing slumping.
  • taessane
    Options
    I don't eat vegetables at all (still not eating them tho) but it doesn't affect a child much as does when you grow older, I definitely was way thinner than now

Age?

I am 18, I started gaining weight when I was 14, my height hasn't increased much since then (I gained another inch), I wasn't super thin then but I felt good, I ate too many carbs but as I said I was super active so I never gained weight, I don't know anything about going back to where I was but I know that there is too much fat in my body (I can't tell how much) and NO MUSCLE MASS AT ALL, so even if the number could be my healthy weight (I'm sure it isn't) it's not healthy right now plus I loved feeling light and I'd give anything to have that back. I am not as weak as pushing myself to achieve a norm that is supposed to be beautiful and forcing myself to believe it is.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,470 Member
    Options
    Every time I see the title of this thread, I imagine my boobs talking to each other, like Meerkats. “What do you think of the new bras?” “I dunno but did you hear what she said about butt in the mirror this morning? Hey, butt!...”.
  • taessane
    Options
    Every time I see the title of this thread, I imagine my boobs talking to each other, like Meerkats. “What do you think of the new bras?” “I dunno but did you hear what she said about butt in the mirror this morning? Hey, butt!...”.

sorry just after posting it I noticed I overdid it, I kept looking for a word and I ended up writing the worst one I thought of... You do these things when you're not a native speaker, I cannot edit it can I?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

sorry just after posting it I noticed I overdid it, I kept looking for a word and I ended up writing the worst one I thought of... You do these things when you're not a native speaker, I cannot edit it can I?

I think a native speaker might write the same thing, or something similar. It's more of a quirk of the English language, haha.
  • vic1am19
    vic1am19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Genetics play a role in this and as individuals we all react differently. Some women lose weight around the hips/tummy first and a little on the chest. Get a measuring tape, get someone to measure your thighs (mid point between knee and hip bone) chest (probably in-line with nipples going around the back, and waist (in line with your belly button) assess yourself every two weeks. Nutrition is key👍🏽
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,470 Member
    Options
    @taessane Oh, no!!! I never guessed you weren’t a native speaker or I wouldn’t have said anything. The mental image tickled me, that’s all. Didn’t mean to sound like I was mocking you. 😘
  • maureenseel1984
    Options

Age?

I am 18, I started gaining weight when I was 14, my height hasn't increased much since then (I gained another inch), I wasn't super thin then but I felt good, I ate too many carbs but as I said I was super active so I never gained weight, I don't know anything about going back to where I was but I know that there is too much fat in my body (I can't tell how much) and NO MUSCLE MASS AT ALL, so even if the number could be my healthy weight (I'm sure it isn't) it's not healthy right now plus I loved feeling light and I'd give anything to have that back. I am not as weak as pushing myself to achieve a norm that is supposed to be beautiful and forcing myself to believe it is.

All. Red. Flags.

You can build muscle and tone without dropping tons of weight. At eighteen I was heavier than I was at 14. It is normal. You are still growing/gaining height probably until early-mid 20's. All I am advising is a heavy dose of caution.