Need a few weight loss friends

Options
Hello

My name is Noelene. I have just downloaded the iPhone app and will be using it starting Monday. I am 48 years old, live on the edge of the Sydney/Hawkesbury area in Australia, and have around 10kg to lose to get to the top of the healthy weight range for my height.

I would love to have a few weight loss buddies for mutual support on the journey to goal. If you would also like this, please feel free to make a friendship request. I am not sure how often I will get to check in on the website here, however, I will be using the iPhone app daily. I look forward to meeting you.

Regards
Noelene

Replies

• mumster63
    mumster63 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am also 48 and recently joined MFP. I have about 30 lbs to lose. Used to live in Australia as a child - in Toowoomba about 80kms inland from Brisbane. I often wonder how my life would have turned out if my family had stayed in Australia.
    Good luck on your journey and feel free to friend me.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hello

My name is Noelene. I have just downloaded the iPhone app and will be using it starting Monday. I am 48 years old, live on the edge of the Sydney/Hawkesbury area in Australia, and have around 10kg to lose to get to the top of the healthy weight range for my height.

I would love to have a few weight loss buddies for mutual support on the journey to goal. If you would also like this, please feel free to make a friendship request. I am not sure how often I will get to check in on the website here, however, I will be using the iPhone app daily. I look forward to meeting you.

Regards
    Noelene
    I'm not sure if the iPhone app will let you check in with messages/friends...you may have to come to the main site in order to do that. (I know the app for Android doesn't have this ability)
  • terryrob2
    terryrob2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is terry I'm 49 live in michigan welcome add me if you want stillbpretty new here
  • 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i WOULD LOVE TO ADD YOU AS MY FRIEND! You are from Australia I would love to go there . I need to loose about 65 lbs. not sure how much 10kg is. but I am 46 Years old I live in Spanish Fork Utah. I am a photographer and a office manager for my husbands company .Looking forward to helping each other with goals.
  • gerink
    gerink Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi - I joined in July? and would like to add you as a friend. I need to lose about 70lbs and live in New Jersey and am 55 yrs old. Currently "retired" but am looking for something part-time. Need the support as I undertake this challenge. Good luck too. :smile:
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi My Name is Phyllis, I need to loose about 13 pounds, I am 57 a caregiver for the elderly.
    Would love to be on your support team. The iphone does almost everything you can do on line.
    I use both.. I need more friends for support also. But not being mean but only ones that like to give and recieve help and support.
  • lorrainesimba
    Options
    Hi Phyllis
    I am also a careworker with the alderly and also love dogs ( love your picture ) I love this site i need to lose 10 kg (about 20 pounds) , I hope we could support each other
    best wishes from Lorraine
  • reedee94
    reedee94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I;m in Worcester UK. I also have to lose some weight to get me into the healthy area of BMI. Finding this site is invaluable for bringing me back down to earth on calorie counts. Before coming here I would think I was eating healthily and be disappointed that the scales kept going up. I have been motivated to write down everything and to limit portion sizes but as I cannot do too much strenuous exercise I know this is gonna be a long journey so would appreciate having friends along the way.
  • shicks1950
    Options
    Hi My name is Suzanne. I live in Northern California. I am 61 years old. I am 5'7" and I weigh 189 pounds. My husband and I both lost 25 pounds two years ago and over time I have managed to put every pound of it back on. So here I am trying to get back to at least 164. I recently went from working full time to working two days a week and I would love the support of others (I know that is a two-way street) to help meet my goals.