Recipes? Tricks?

Options
Any low fat and low carb recipes with basically all protein? Dessert emphasis please. High volume as well!!! Low cal
Also feel free to add some weird volume tricks while being low calorie. Mine will be at the bottom
I hate proteinfluff
A couple tricks I know are
Greek yogurt and sugar free pudding powder and freezing it for 5 minutes makes cookie dough basically
Protein powder, egg whites, pumpkin make bomb pancakes/waffles.
The really cool trick I use for oatmeal that weighs 2 pounds but has only about 170 calories is 45g quick oats, about 2.5 cups of water and a big bowl. Microwave it in 2 minute intervals, then 1 minute once it seems that it's about to overflow. Rest between intervals is 3 minutes. Keep doing it until you have a volcano looking oat bowl with thick sides. Add ice cubes and stir gently. Overlapping. Leave and come back in about 3-5 minutes and then stir gently again. It will seem a bit watery. Now get cinnamon and add a boat load. I'm talking like 1.5-2 dry cups of it. Now stir and stir but still moderately gently. Now wait and then you will have oats thick like this for only about 170 calories but I think cinnamon has cals so maybe 200 calories for about a 2 pound bowl of thicc oats.

Theres my secret. What are your volume secrets and lowfat/lowcarb/lowcal/highvolume recipes?
I know egg whites and veggie frittas or whatever are popular but not a fan :/

Replies

• tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    tvrb4bl4irc0.jpg
  • tec9goo
    Options
    #thicc
  • tec9goo
    Options
    Also does anyone have cool high volume low cal dessert tricks for Greek yogurt nofat
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'll pass on the oatmeal with 1.5-2 cups of cinnamon. I love oatmeal and I'm quite a fan of cinnamon. I do not, however, like oatmeal with too much cinnamon and 1.5-2 cups seems like a needless addition of calories for the protein. 2 cups is over 600 calories and 10ish grams of protein. It's also just a lot of cinnamon to be buying on a regular basis.

The only time I've used even kind of that much cinnamon in a recipe is when I've made this cinnamon chicken recipe. It's amazing (that picture does it no justice), thought it uses a lot of cinnamon.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    The only time I've ever used that much cinnamon was to make ornaments at Christmas!! You'll need to multiply your 170 calories by 2 or 3 to get an accurate count---if that matters to you.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    tec9goo wrote: »
    Any low fat and low carb recipes with basically all protein? Dessert emphasis please. High volume as well!!! Low cal
    Also feel free to add some weird volume tricks while being low calorie. Mine will be at the bottom
    I hate proteinfluff
    Greek yogurt and sugar free pudding powder and freezing it for 5 minutes makes cookie dough basically
    The really cool trick I use for oatmeal that weighs 2 pounds but has only about 170 calories is 45g quick oats, about 2.5 cups of water and a big bowl. Microwave it in 2 minute intervals, then 1 minute once it seems that it's about to overflow. Rest between intervals is 3 minutes. Keep doing it until you have a volcano looking oat bowl with thick sides. Add ice cubes and stir gently. Overlapping. Leave and come back in about 3-5 minutes and then stir gently again. It will seem a bit watery. Now get cinnamon and add a boat load. I'm talking like 1.5-2 dry cups of it. Now stir and stir but still moderately gently. Now wait and then you will have oats thick like this for only about 170 calories but I think cinnamon has cals so maybe 200 calories for about a 2 pound bowl of thicc oats.

Theres my secret. What are your volume secrets and lowfat/lowcarb/lowcal/highvolume recipes?

I'm really interested in your sugar free pudding with Greek yogurt recipe. Could you please, provide more detailed directions?
    On the oatmeal subject, i cook mine in instant pot, 10 minutes on high pressure and keep it overnight to cool down. I used to use sprinkle of cinnamon, lol, and some fat free Greek yogurt and fruit. Now i use spices that are more savory, so mix of peppers, sumac, fennel, sesame seeds. It's awesome, still with Greek yogurt and fruit though. Thanks!
  • tec9goo
    Options
    1.5 to 2 cups of cinnamon?!?! What?!?! I’ve literally never heard of anyone consuming cinnamon (or any spice) in that ridiculous quantity, lol.

Usually people don’t necessarily count calories in cinnamon because they use like 1 or 2 grams at a time. But if you’re using 2 CUPs. of CINNAMON. That’s gonna have a SIGNIFICANT amount of calories. As PAV8888 Stated above.

Sorry guys I just measured it and it is actually .6 cups of cinnamon hahah
  • tec9goo
    Options

I already visited this thread and didnt find any I liked so that's why i made a new one :)

Thanks for trying though!
  • tec9goo
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    tec9goo wrote: »
    I hate proteinfluff

I'm really interested in your sugar free pudding with Greek yogurt recipe. Could you please, provide more detailed directions?
    On the oatmeal subject, i cook mine in instant pot, 10 minutes on high pressure and keep it overnight to cool down. I used to use sprinkle of cinnamon, lol, and some fat free Greek yogurt and fruit. Now i use spices that are more savory, so mix of peppers, sumac, fennel, sesame seeds. It's awesome, still with Greek yogurt and fruit though. Thanks!

Sure I use about a cup or two of Greek yogurt and about 15-25g of the pudding powder. Mix it vehemently like theres no tomorrow and then I like to either freeze for like 6-8 minutes it or if you have time then freeze it and then let it sit in the refrigerator
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I don't do dairy so no yogurt, but I make salad dressing/ cooking sauce out of silken tofu and chickpeas that I use on EVERYTHING-- hot or cold for a protein kick.

Added to a salad it ramps ups the protein and flavor; it's a protein-rich and oil free alternative to dip for chips or crudite, or added to a stir-fry it adds protein, flavor and velvety texture without sour cream or yogurt.

Just drain the tofu lightly and toss it in a blender with a can of chickpeas WITH the aquafaba (chickpea water) and pulse until creamy.

Spice the heck out of it with garlic and herbs for a basic mayo substitute that also works as a bechamel-type white sauce, add some nutritional yeast and you've got a queso alternative; a little tomato paste and pickle relish gives you thousand island, half an avocado and some cilantro is spicy green goddess, and some curry powder makes an amazing Indian-inspired simmer sauce with plenty of protein and no ghee!

It stores well in the fridge, although sometimes some water separates out and needs to be stirred back in before adding to dishes.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Okay, I HAVE to ask.....only because it’s literally my favorite food. Have you fully mastered the protein fluff ice cream? When done right, it’s so delicious and satisfying that it’s hard to imagine not liking it.
  • nowine4me
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Just tried the yogurt with pudding powder in freezer. Gooey. Jury’s out on that one.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is a regional thing, but where can you even buy cups and cups of cinnamon and not spend a small fortune? Real cinnamon is quite expensive, and even the generic supermarket stuff is $3 for a 3 oz bottle.

I find oats quite filling with a little fat added, so I'll stick to that anyway. But I'm just trying to picture buying all that cinnamon. Is it cheap in bulk in maybe big box stores or restaurant supply or something like that?
  • nowine4me
    Options
    Surely OP meant a tablespoon of cinnamon, right?