Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm so cheap I...

Replies

• jedoubleday
    jedoubleday Posts: 479 Member
    I am so cheap I wont pay attention..
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    I like this "sofa king" pun
    No surprise that it came from Scotland lol.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited July 2019
    I’m so cheap I refuse to pay more than two dollars tip on a 100 dollar meal when I go to the Olive Garden.

That’s pretty terrible; borderline insulting. I’d rather be left nothing than a 2% tip.

Assuming you’re located in the US, waitstaff have terribly low hourly rates and rely on tips to make a reasonable living. I would exercise your cheapness by not going out to eat at all, rather than saving $18 by not tipping the poorly-paid workers who wait on you.

I apologize if that offended you. I feel I made my sarcasm quite evident.

Oops, didn’t catch the sarcasm. Only would’ve been offended if the original comment was true.

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I’m so cheap I refuse to pay more than two dollars tip on a 100 dollar meal when I go to the Olive Garden.

That’s pretty terrible; borderline insulting. I’d rather be left nothing than a 2% tip.

Assuming you’re located in the US, waitstaff have terribly low hourly rates and rely on tips to make a reasonable living. I would exercise your cheapness by not going out to eat at all, rather than saving $18 by not tipping the poorly-paid workers who wait on you.

I apologize if that offended you. I feel I made my sarcasm quite evident.

Oops, didn’t catch the sarcasm. Only would’ve been offended if the original comment was true.

There’s an ongoing joke about Olive Garden 😁
  • AndyCool22
    AndyCool22 Posts: 131 Member
    Bought a $16 TV wall mount because i didn't want to pay $45.........so far so good (2 days in)
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    i'm so cheap i walk with strangers under their umbrellas when its raining.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    someone should make “i’m so lazy...” thread bc i feel i would have more to contribute there

I'd do well with that topic too.

And an "I'm so uneconomical" (or whatever the opposite of cheap is)...every time I see this thread I think about the fact that I just bought a new skin cream and it was 2/3's full (it's usually a full to the top) and I thought about returning it, and I was feeling ripped off, but I stuck my finger in it and used some and then was too lazy to bother to complain...so I'm $25 dollars out I figure if it was only 2/3's full.

So I guess I'm lazy and uneconomical.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member

Speaking as a former server, you're not just cheap-- you are unjust. If you're ordering a $100 meal at ANY restaurant, you need to be tipping 15-20% (that's $15 - $20). If you want to tip just $2.00, then your meal should be in the $8 - 12 range. :-(
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,216 Member
    Although I am not up with the joke and I dont live in a country where tipping is the norm - posters have clarified that the tipping at Olive Garden post was a joke. ;)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Although I am not up with the joke and I dont live in a country where tipping is the norm - posters have clarified that the tipping at Olive Garden post was a joke. ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're Aussie like me.. tipping is not the norm.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Me and my husband are both so cheap that we frequently stay in creepy motels. As long as the sheets and shower are okay, I consider it good. We consider $100+ to be "a nicer place", if that gives you any idea of how bargain basement I'm talking here...

Unless I'm traveling alone, then I spend a bit more to feel safer.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member

Speaking as a former server, you're not just cheap-- you are unjust. If you're ordering a $100 meal at ANY restaurant, you need to be tipping 15-20% (that's $15 - $20). If you want to tip just $2.00, then your meal should be in the $8 - 12 range. :-(

WBb-Qy.gif
  • Motorsheen

I don't care where I am... the US, Europe... or even a foreign county like North Dakota, I always tip 20%.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I don't care where I am... the US, Europe... or even a foreign county like North Dakota, I always tip 20%.

20% for everything? Me too, for services I feel tips are appropriate. Hair, restaurants, nails etc. If the service sucks, 15%.
    One thing I'm unclear on tho, US vs Canada, do you tip in hotels? Here we usually don't, it's ok to, I know some people who do, but I don't. Maybe if I was staying somewhere for an extended time I would. Never sure what to do in the States.

And how about you, rest of the world besides NA?
    Tip or no tip? How much and for what services?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    edited July 2019

I'll leave before I make a tip joke :#

Muuuuust not 🤐
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

You’ve been to my country??
  • Motorsheen
    caco_ethes wrote: »

You’ve been to my country??

Durgen.
  • Motorsheen

I'll leave before I make a tip joke :#

Muuuuust not 🤐

Some receive more than 20%.