Started today looking for tips

Options
imikefb
imikefb Posts: 6 Member
I want to loose like 25 pounds with diet and exercise if u could help with tips and stuff i would appreciate it :) add me

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    1) Don't worry, trust MFP - let them calculate your way forward. 2) Look at your general food preference (which might change slightly from season to season) and allocate your macros: carbs, fat, protein on the MFP site. 3) Read up on MFP advise - so much to learn! 4) Relax, don't stress - people usually gain weight over a long time, so it will take some time to lose it again. 5) Prepare a simple meal plan according to your chosen macros and within the calories calculated by MFP for the next day and take it meal by meal, day by day. 6) Record everything your eat / drink, within a few days it feels like part of your (new) life. 7) If you can move around a bit, think what you enjoy. Walk? Swimming? Etc. and start slowly, don't overdo it. 8) Don't follow any diet, but a healthy meal plan with a healthy life style. 9) Repeat.
    (I am with MFP for 475 days, have lost 39 kg (85 pounds) so far - and much more to lose. I am grateful to have found MFP - they give amazing support, plus all those supportive members.) Have fun!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck!

My number 1 suggestion is to not start off with so many changes and extremes that you set yourself up to fail. , don't try to go to extreme with eating too little and not eating any of the foods you like opting only for what you consider "diet food". again this can set up for binges and failure over time. set a reasonable rate of loss you can maintain and don't feel starving on.

with only 25lb to lose I'd recommend no more than 1lb/week rate of loss when setting up MFP.

Here are some great posts to read to get you started.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1399829/step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal

and get a FOOD SCALE, crucial tool for most of us here
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Eat well, record all your food on the app even the cheat day food, and exercise but dont overdo it! You got this!
  • imikefb
    Options
    Thanks everyone , ive started diet&exercise for 4 days now ( started using this app today) and while u guys said dont overdo diet well... i already did , i havent eaten bread all this time at all i cut all the junk food and ate salad , eggs , boiled hot dogs (no bun) , some fitness cereal with milk , boiled pasta etc , ive been eating 2 /3 times a day and i had starving feeling all these days when i went to sleep so last night i had a little starving feeling but i just when to sleep , i woke up ( i exercise in the mornings without eating ) so i started exercising and after like 10 mins i started feeling nauseous and i wanted to throw up so it basically became worse and i almost wouldve fainted if it wasnt for my mom lol , so basically my thought is i didnt have a lot of carbs / energy in my body and while i was losing calories my bodie just wanted to shut down ... so thats why idk what to do when i eat what i want and exercise i have no result , but starving my self isnt good as well...
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    imikefb wrote: »
    Thanks everyone , ive started diet&exercise for 4 days now ( started using this app today) and while u guys said dont overdo diet well... i already did , i havent eaten bread all this time at all i cut all the junk food and ate salad , eggs , boiled hot dogs (no bun) , some fitness cereal with milk , boiled pasta etc , ive been eating 2 /3 times a day and i had starving feeling all these days when i went to sleep so last night i had a little starving feeling but i just when to sleep , i woke up ( i exercise in the mornings without eating ) so i started exercising and after like 10 mins i started feeling nauseous and i wanted to throw up so it basically became worse and i almost wouldve fainted if it wasnt for my mom lol , so basically my thought is i didnt have a lot of carbs / energy in my body and while i was losing calories my bodie just wanted to shut down ... so thats why idk what to do when i eat what i want and exercise i have no result , but starving my self isnt good as well...

Read the posts linked in Panini's post above. Weight loss is about eating enough calories to be healthy, but still in a calorie deficit. Logging accurately and consistently can help you do that, so you don't need to cut out whole food groups and eat as little as possible.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    @imikefb You don't say how many calories you ate - do you have any idea? Cutting out bread and junk isn't particularly extreme, as long as you are eating enough calories when you do eat. What calorie goals has MFP given you, and are you eating those calories?
  • imikefb
    Options
    And if anyone could help me with a diet considering my body that would help a ton thx .
  • imikefb
    Options
    @sytchequeen ive ate 1200 calories today 1900 is my goal but i burnt 200+
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You have to eat your 1900 calories, plus some of your exercise calories. You don't have a massive amount to lose. What is your weekly goal for weight loss? I would suggest a pound a week max.
  • imikefb
    Options
    @sytchequeen i have it on 1.5 pounds
  • imikefb
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I weigh 176 pounds
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    And if anyone could help me with a diet considering my body that would help a ton thx .

have you read the links i gave in my first response?

with 25lb to lose select a rate of 1lb/week and EAT BACK your exercise calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Weight loss is about calories.....period. Unless you have a medical condition that requires you to reduce your carb intake don't worry about it so much. Focus on getting adequate protein instead.

You can eat a hot dog with the bun if it fits your calorie goals. Stop eliminating "regular" foods so you can meet your daily goal. If you don't reach your calories on a consistent basis, expect to be hungry and tired. Too aggressive weight loss can lead to a higher % of lean muscle loss.

Allow for a treat now and then. Log it. This helps you learn calories and portion sizes for everything, not just diet foods. Weight loss is just the first step.
  • davisak3
    davisak3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Try intermittent fasting (IF). It’s helped a lot of people lose weight by controlling their appetite. Also, you could try KETO. I know a lot of people that have lost weight by cutting carbs. But don’t exercise on an empty stomach. That’s why you’re feeling nauseous. Have a smoothie before the gym, that way you’re not in a fasted state or on a full stomach. Or at least wait an hour after you’ve ate.