100 lbs. weight loss goal

Options
I regained 55 lbs nine months ago. I swore that this would not happen. I allowed events around me to make the wrong food choices. I have been back on program for a month and have lost 11.2 lbs. I am just looking forward to reaching my goal this time. I have been overweight all of my 66 years of life. All these years of unhealthy eating has caused me to now have heart and kidney failure but my doctor says that I have a great chance of turning these medical conditions around with losing weight and adopting more healthy lifestyles. I am committed to achieving this. I feel like this is my final chance if I want to have any quality of life. I want to be able to continue traveling and enjoying my family.

Replies

• evergreenlakegirl
    evergreenlakegirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    denny- good luck on the journey....it is difficult to attend events and resist the food....maybe eat something healthy before the event to ward off the spontaneous eating....I'm sure you will do great!!
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I regained close to 70lbs and just restarted again. I don't know why I stopped and why it took me so long to decide to do something about it again but I am back and at least I know from experience that I can shift large amounts or weight and I know what works for me. I believe that we can do this - even though it isn't our first kick at the can.
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What's important is that now you're back at it. You can do this! Weight loss is hard but you already know you can do it. Congratulations on giving it another go.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You have got this!!!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    At the first of July I started an MFP group for people who are beginning or began with 75 or more pounds to lose. This includes people who have recently started, who are part of the way to goal, or people who accomplished their goal and want to help others do the same.

We have a small but growing membership and I would like to invite you:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers