(H)Angry

Options
gonnadoityeah
gonnadoityeah Posts: 22 Member
edited July 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hey guys! I just wanted to make a forum where we can literally b*tch about our hangry feelings.

Like right now, I've been doing keto since Friday, Gonna stick to it, and I LITERALLY JUST ATE A SALAD AND I STILL FEEL HUNGRY. WTF. I know it will take time and I'm not giving up, but man does this suck rn.

Replies

• gonnadoityeah
    Options
    I feel that in my soul. Like literally I am restraining myself from freaking licking the remaining dressing from my lil container for my salad. T.T
  • jedoubleday
    jedoubleday Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would not judge you if you did. I have been known to lick the salad bowl clean and then eye the persons next to me like you gonna lick that.. mind if I do.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    When I was doing more distance running hangry was just...situation normal. Marathon training, man.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    adding fat or protein to a salad can help you feel fuller. and make sure you haven't cut back your calories too low.

but yes there is an adjustment phase. I've been at this forever and just switching slowly to maintenance and and currently right now starving :P but lunch isn't for an hour and i've already had my snack so...gotta get thru it.

Just seconding this. When you first start out it can take time for your body to catch up to your new mindset. But make sure you aren't under eating or falling short on protein and fat. I'll mention fiber too, though I know some people say that a keto diet makes higher fiber unnecessary. I personally need it to feel full. :smile:
  • gonnadoityeah
    Options
    I have cheese eggs and bacon crumbles in the salad lol I definitely don't under do it Haha

I'm glad I'm not alone in my hanger though
  • jedoubleday
    Options
    certainly not alone on hanger.
  • gonnadoityeah
    Options
    I like to shop for my wardrobe for when I hit my goal weight, made a shopping list on Amazon, it helps calm me down lol
  • jedoubleday
    Options
    Yeah my protein in the morning was lacking I think that is why the hanger monsters kung foo was so strong this morning
  • gonnadoityeah
    Options
    I have to restrain myself at work lol

Trying not to kill people 😩😬🤣
  • jedoubleday
    Options
    I have to restrain myself at work lol

Trying not to kill people 😩😬🤣

OH boy do I know that feeling. .. I finally had my lunch so now I am calm.. I am giving this feeling about an hour before I am back in the state of Hangry
  • darklyndsea
    darklyndsea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I know I get hangry, so I dedicate a portion of my daily calories to fat or protein-rich snacks that I can eat whenever I need to stave off hunger/hanger.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Just had lunch. still hungry :P gonna be one of those days i guess.
  • jedoubleday
    Options
    hate it when that happens Monday thru Friday.. weekends I can distract myself with something
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    I'm usually pretty good, but if I skip a meal I get hangry, I really need to eat my three meals a day and snack.
  • Idratherberunning2017
    Idratherberunning2017 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This has been known to save me from myself. They are convenient and tasty.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting, swimming, and PMS all make my hanger worse. Guess what's going on this week.... yup, all three. I'll be over in the corner wearing my cranky pants. Increasing protein, fat, and fibre definitely help me during these times, and some days, I just need to eat at maintenance.
  • BassFin63
    BassFin63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    🤣😱🤣 that’s when I go ridding and make a lot of loud noise!! Lmao DAMN salads!!!