how my boobs are going to react

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I’m a similar size to you (height/weight), but considerably older. At about age 36 I went from 72-76kg (wavered between these two weights for 15 years) to 65kg. Bust went from 36C to 32C - I simply didn’t carry fat in my boobs. Now around 61kg and breasts have been ruined (sort of) by having children rather than weight loss. They’re still the same size but no longer firm. Fabulous underwear is the solution.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I started at a large D and after losing 90 lbs I’m a large B, small C depending on the bra.
    I’m 42.
    I’ve been slow and steady.
    At first they sagged A LOT but over time with lots of exercise and strength training I think they are perkier then when I started. Lol at least they are small enough that I can actually use those tape cups and go bra-less. Tape could never control my D’s!!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Build your arms, shoulders and pecs as part of the process.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight and thankfully have not lost volume, perkiness, elasticity or skin quality on my breasts. Zero sag before and after.

You really need to stick it out until your desired 30lbs has been lost to reassess your breasts, as genetics can be a factor for some women, age for others just as swimming, strength training focusing on the pectorals showed marked improvement for some women. Play it safe during your 30 lbs target loss journey and seriously consider sharings on your thread by other members, as you don't know where on your body that 30 lbs will be shredded from.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I agree with earlier comment, if you have access to a pool, it is some of the best exercising, because the water works as resistance.

When I had my own pool a couple of years back, I swam laps and was the fittest I've ever been.

Now, I live in a cold place, so back to wall push-ups, yoga mat floor, and light hand weights workouts....
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    You should be perfectly fine. I'm 5'8 - currently 145 and end goal of about 132. I'm a 34D - it won't change a lot. Great bras are a girl's best friend. I've gone from 155 to about 128 and it doesn't make my mine sag. Unfortunately they shrink a bit, but it's alright. You've also got youth on your side - I'm 42.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    taessane wrote: »
    So I weight 72 kgs (159 lbs), I am planning to lose about 15 kgs (33 lbs) and I wonder if my breasts will sagg afterwards? Note that my cup size is 34B (US) which is not big at all, my breasts aren't that perky to begin with and I am 18 yo (I don't mind them getting smaller). Actually I heard a doctor say that weight loss can actually cause breasts to look perkier

How tall are you?

That aside, I went from 142 to 123 lb back in 2016 (eating disorder much)....and my boobs basically just vanished and I looked like a teenage boy so...there's that.

I am pretty tall 1.73 m (approximately 5'8")

I am not sure anyone is actually looking at this.

You're 5'8"-according to "ideal weight" estimates (100 lb at 5' even, then 5 lb for every inch above that), your "ideal" weight would be 140.

The weight you are aiming for is 126 lb...
    This is not necessarily a healthy weight...not sure anybody is taking this into consideration.

When I lost a bunch of weight (BMI was 19.0 so I told myself I "wasn't underweight"), my boobs basically vanished which made both me and my husband sad.

I don't think what you're doing is healthy.

I was thinking the same thing about a couple on here.

I'm 5'8" and prefer my body at 160-175ish lbs. That's where I feel I look the most fit and healthy, 155 would be the absolute lowest I would ever want to go. Even at 140, I thought I looked sickly thin. And I am small to medium build (boned).
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Breasts consist of fatty tissue and glands. How much of which is different for everyone. If you happen to have more flatty tissue your breasts will likely get smaller, if mostly glad tissue then not. So nobody can tell. Me: Apparently quite a bit of fatty tissue. I like it if my breasts fit into a small hand and are light. That's more convenient in summer, when working out, etc. Btw, I'm 45, and there's not much sagginess going on. I guess the risk of that is bigger with bigger breasts to start with.
  • nordicprincess20
    nordicprincess20 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but you could use handweights and do some exercises for your pectoral muscles. That will help with what you do have regardless of if you decrease in size. (Pushups are great too)
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    So I weight 72 kgs (159 lbs), I am planning to lose about 15 kgs (33 lbs) and I wonder if my breasts will sagg afterwards? Note that my cup size is 34B (US) which is not big at all, my breasts aren't that perky to begin with and I am 18 yo (I don't mind them getting smaller). Actually I heard a doctor say that weight loss can actually cause breasts to look perkier

How tall are you?

That aside, I went from 142 to 123 lb back in 2016 (eating disorder much)....and my boobs basically just vanished and I looked like a teenage boy so...there's that.

You're 5'8"-according to "ideal weight" estimates (100 lb at 5' even, then 5 lb for every inch above that), your "ideal" weight would be 140.

This is not necessarily a healthy weight...not sure anybody is taking this into consideration.

When I lost a bunch of weight (BMI was 19.0 so I told myself I "wasn't underweight"), my boobs basically vanished which made both me and my husband sad.

Well to be fair for the OP's height the BMI "Healthy" range for 5'8" is 125-160lbs, aiming for the lower end doesn't necessarily mean that's not a healthy weight for the OP, so yes I had looked at it when I was responding to the post.

Not everyone is suited to the middle of the range, some people may be at one end or the other. You cannot slap an"ideal" weight on someone's height that's why it's a range.

I am the same height and I agree that I would look positively skeletal at that weight but that's because I have wide shoulders, wide hips and a lot of muscle.

I have no hips and small bones. I'm currently at 146 (I'm 5'8") and look much better in the low 130s. I'm really short waisted - basically all legs & arms. Your body composition has a lot to do with it. 155 is super heavy for me, my face gets round and I look terrible.
  • Pricklypineapple422
    Pricklypineapple422 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

How tall are you?

She chose a weight within the healthy BMI range. While some may be happy with a higher weight, it is hard to argue that the lower end of the healthy weight range isn't healthy for OP specifically, only her or her doctor could really tell her that. My BMI is currently 19.4 and I am healthier than I have ever been, and I have a couple of lbs left to lose, although I have no rush to lose them.

OP, I went from a 34 C to a 32 A. While my breasts aren't as perky as they were prior to me having kids, I would not at all consider them saggy. I actually prefer not having larger breasts - I just feel more comfortable with them being smaller, it is easier for me to run and work out, and my husband actually prefers them smaller also (which actually shocked me).

You should choose what weight works for you, just because others didn't feel healthy or didn't like their shape at a certain weight doesn't mean that weight isn't good or healthy for you. Just keep in mind the scale is only one way to measure progress. And just because you make a goal, doesn't mean that goal can't change - if you get to 135 and feel great, don't feel obligated to lose to your goal weight just because you set that as a goal.
  • Pricklypineapple422
    Options

It just seems a little unfair to assume her goal is unhealthy based off your own perceptions when we don't know her or her medical history, and her goal is within the healthy range per BMI.

Isn't it also worth noting OP hasn't said anything since the initial post? No background whatsoever so...maybe if she gave us more info, it would help with that end.

And yes-having a goal weight that is outside of your set point weight and forcing your body to lose weight to achieve that number...it is actually unhealthy. If your body naturally wanted to be at 145 lb and you restrict and work out a lot in order to reach 120...not healthy.

Many people are here, on this app, because their "set point weight" is 100s of lbs over a healthy weight. I don't believe in the whole "set point weight." Your body weight is a reflection of CICO. If I ate everything I wanted everyday I would be overweight.
  • Pricklypineapple422
    Options

It just seems a little unfair to assume her goal is unhealthy based off your own perceptions when we don't know her or her medical history, and her goal is within the healthy range per BMI.

Isn't it also worth noting OP hasn't said anything since the initial post? No background whatsoever so...maybe if she gave us more info, it would help with that end.

And yes-having a goal weight that is outside of your set point weight and forcing your body to lose weight to achieve that number...it is actually unhealthy. If your body naturally wanted to be at 145 lb and you restrict and work out a lot in order to reach 120...not healthy.

Many people are here, on this app, because their "set point weight" is 100s of lbs over a healthy weight. I don't believe in the whole "set point weight." Your body weight is a reflection of CICO. If I ate everything I wanted everyday I would be overweight.

There is a difference between set point and "ate everything I wanted".

Set point means that there is a weight where our body runs most efficiently and is most comfortable. A lot of times it isn't the weight we want. I'd LOVE if my set point weight was 120 lb....but it isn't. It's more like 140-145 lb. In order to get lower than that, I have to do some serious restriction and a lot of exercise (beyond moderate).

Set point is the weight (range, mind you) that your body is when you eat healthfully most of the time, treats sometimes and exercise in moderation. In other words....living a healthy lifestyle. This is barring medical conditions such as thyroid problems, issues that cause hypermetabolism such as active AIDS or cancer, etc.

I guess we don't know what OPs "set point weight" is though.