Biggest Loser updates, please

Options
Something happened in my TV land. When I went to watch my DVR BL show from last night it was I think the office. Not sure. But, my point, NO BL!!! So if anyone could tell me what happened that would be awesome! Thanks!

Replies

• suprjewels
    Options
    Something happened in my TV land. When I went to watch my DVR BL show from last night it was I think the office. Not sure. But, my point, NO BL!!! So if anyone could tell me what happened that would be awesome! Thanks!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    its suppose to be on tonight !!! at 8pm I think
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    all teams got divided up into two teams the blue and black teams. Some lost their trainers...Bob freaked out and was really upset. The brown team got split up :( some teams didn't though. I think the black team won the bike challenge....i believe. I forget who won the 3 pound pass.... so if anyone can fill that in that'd be great lol.

and the next episode is on tonight
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    all teams got divided up into two teams the blue and black teams. Some lost their trainers...Bob freaked out and was really upset.

Wasn't that the stupidest thing you've ever seen. Bob really did them a disservice. I know they're bonded, but they've learned a lot from them. Now they need to learn from Jillian. Ultimately all they have is themselves and that's what he should have told them. That made me lose respect for either Bob or the show I'm not sure which.
  • teamstayafloat
    Options
    Wow, last night was super emotional. The teams had a competition to see who the "new teams" would be. Basically everything got turned upside down. There are now two teams; black and blue and they are totally different than what they were before (for each trainer). The father son team got split up and 4 of Bob's memebers are now on Jillians team...That was just the first half hour...and did I mention that Bob cried...yep on national t.v. Bob broke down!

The second half hour was a team challenge with the newly formed teams...it was a 24hr challenge that would get the winning team a 3lb deduction on weigh in. Some of them tried to get everyone to quit with 8 hours left...but one of the men stepped up and said no...we have quit every other time in our lives, this time needs to be different. So they pushed through...breaking a B.L. record for the longest challenge in history of the show.
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    sorry above post was from me on my teams website...

But yes, as I'm sure you know, the second hour of the show is on television tonight. It should catch you up on all the details I left out above in the beginning.
  • jennib06
    Options
    sorry above post was from me on my teams website...

But yes, as I'm sure you know, the second hour of the show is on television tonight. It should catch you up on all the details I left out above in the beginning.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Bob cried like a baby! It was really bad. IMHO not a really good example to set for his team.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    all teams got divided up into two teams the blue and black teams. Some lost their trainers...Bob freaked out and was really upset. The brown team got split up :( some teams didn't though. I think the black team won the bike challenge....i believe. I forget who won the 3 pound pass.... so if anyone can fill that in that'd be great lol.

and the next episode is on tonight

Lobsterchick- the black team won the challenge by over 30 miles!! They are going to dominate- Sione and the tough former model (can't remember her name!) on the same team!!! Part 2 tonight.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    all teams got divided up into two teams the blue and black teams. Some lost their trainers...Bob freaked out and was really upset.

Wasn't that the stupidest thing you've ever seen. Bob really did them a disservice. I know they're bonded, but they've learned a lot from them. Now they need to learn from Jillian. Ultimately all they have is themselves and that's what he should have told them. That made me lose respect for either Bob or the show I'm not sure which.

Ya, that was pretty strange. I expected Bob to help pick everyone up and get them on their feet, and instead he left them defeated and demoralized. Hmmmm, strategy, perhaps:wink: If not, it was pretty lame on his part. I'm hoping it was strategy:smile:
  • suprjewels
    Options
    So was there a weigh in? Did anyone go home? Thanks for all your replies and insight! I was mad when I came in from my bowflex workout and saw the office instead of the BL!
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Bob was the biggest loser last night. It was a display of ugliness, selfishishness, unprofessional, unnecessary display of unnecessary drama.

Seriously, first, all that cussing, and using the F word on a grey team contestant in the first week . Ok, yell at her all you want but using the F word is not necessary. Hello, the show goes on at 8 pm. Which is family time

Then, last night:

His uncontrollable crying made those 4 feel worse than they did. He should have motivated them by saying something like " this is an example of real life, I can't be with you forever, use what I taught you and learn from Jillian too. This is the best of both worlds. C'mon, this is a cometition, show me what you got and try and beat my new team. I dare ya!"

But no, instead, he acted like a father with child protection services showing up at his home and ripping his 4 babies from his arms.

WTF??!! Seriously, he single handedly distroyed their souls by his crying. They were upset only but then, they became devastated when Bob started balling like a spoiled child. Sione, hid under his hood.

And that's just half the equation. You got new members on the Blue Team who feel they don't have a full trainer but only a half a man/a shell of a man to train them.

Jillian is awesome. Didn't miss a beat. Went right on with business.

What Bob fails to understand is that, being anyone embarking on The Biggest Loser journey or any healthy weigh loss/fitness journey for that matter, it's not about only training our bodies to meet and surpass tougher and tougher physical challenges, it's actually training our minds to meet and surpass tougher and toughter emotional/psychological challenges that is the goal.

I believe he owes both teams and Jillian an apolgy. What a loser. A big loser.

Black team is going to kick *kitten*! Because Jillian is always on top of her game.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    The weigh in will be tonight. They just basically split up the two hours into 2 nights because of the Prez speech.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    See, I took the breakdown from Bob completely different. I thought it just showed how deeply connected he is to his (former) team. That, to me, spoke volumes to his commitment to them. Also, when Sione said he would rather go home than do this, Bob quickly checked him and said that was the wrong attitude. But I do agree with what one poster said, Sione and Tara on the same team, that is hard core! Can't wait for tonight.
  • suprjewels
    Options
    oh, tonight sounds good than. I'll have to make sure it records properly before heading to the garage to workout.:grumble: :laugh: Thanks for filling me in on everything!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    I think I'm a huge geek for knowing all this by the way....
    New Blue Team : Mandy & Aubrey (yellow team, formerly with Jillian), Ron (brown team), Dane (black team, formerly Jillian), Mother & Daughter (purple team, I can never remember their names)
    New Black Team : Tara & Laura (green team), Philpe & Sione (blue team, formerly with Bob), Helen (pink team, formerly with Bob) and Mike (brown team, bob).

The black team won the challenge (24 hour bike thing and the 3 pound advantage) by going 301 miles in 24 hours!! It was Mandy that wanted to call a truce so everyone could get some rest and Sione said no cuz if he did he'd feel like a quitter.
    Bob really did totally break down. I lost a little respect for him, not that he cried, but that he'd put that extra strain on his former and new team. It'll be tough enough for all of them to adjust, they don't need to feel guilty or stressed over the transition. A good trainer or coach or whatever would have stressed the importance that they embrace this change as one for the better. But hey, that's just me.:happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    See, I took the breakdown from Bob completely different. I thought it just showed how deeply connected he is to his (former) team. That, to me, spoke volumes to his commitment to them. Also, when Sione said he would rather go home than do this, Bob quickly checked him and said that was the wrong attitude. But I do agree with what one poster said, Sione and Tara on the same team, that is hard core! Can't wait for tonight.

I get where you're comming from kg, but I just think it was absolutely wrong for bob to abandon his group, and then start complaining to them WHILE IN THE GYM.

Remember, these guys are babies at fitness, they basically depend on their trainer for everything. What does it teach them if bob breaks down over something this trivial. These guys are going to have to go home and face real issues, if they see this as a model, I just thing it's the wrong lesson for them. Dealing with emotion is one thing, breaking down over something like this... I just thought it was wrong.
  • jennib06
    Options
    I'm kinda torn with it all. I mean I agree, Bob is the leader and real world is when they get home, they are not going to have him by their side to motivate and push them. But, I think it showed that the show is more than just about the contestants...people get attached an Bob is human. I think he had every right to be emotional...but I think it could have been handled differently. I really like when he was in the gym and he was talking to one of the girls from the previous purple team and she just said, "no one is happy" and then went right back into her workout. I think that showed lots of strength from her and it kinda checked Bob's attitude!
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Jillian said he was going to freak out!:explode: :tongue:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    A personal trainer is really a life coach who also trains your body. They pass on life lessons, how to deal with adversity, and how to not let it hamper your physical body. Build your body, your spirit stong so that you are strong totally.

And this man teaches yoga??

Gimme a break!

He's gotten too skinny I find lately in this season. His head looks like it's shrunk or something. His face too shrunken. I mean, is he overtraining himself and thus, his emotions are too hard to keep in check. I'm not sure.