Need more protein - how do I add more without eating significantly more?

2»

Replies

• bonsmom
    bonsmom Posts: 17 Member
    You can get protein water at Costco. 15 grams per 16 ounces and 60 calories.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2019
    Eating/drinking protein drinks, shakes and/or bars was my solution.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    skrowe88 wrote: »
    Quick update (if anyone still gets notifications on this thread): I've adjusted my caloric intake to 1660 a day so I'm a bit less 'hangry' and I have more room for protein. Over the past week and a half, I've steadily increased my protein intake by eating fish at least once a day. So that's progress! Thank you, everyone, for the ideas!

Great, thanks for coming back to update!
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited July 2019
    skrowe88 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Are you exercising? What % of the calories you earn from exercise are you eating back?
    I should exercise more, but right now I'm pretty sedentary (desk job) and I walk 2-3 miles and do yoga about 3 times a week (in addition to my normal daily step count). Not sure how much that earns me back, but usually not more than 100 cals at a time.
    Three words. SHRIMP AND TUNA.
    Unfortunately, I can't stomach shrimp! But I am eating more tuna and salmon.

Sams Club has 8 Members Mark frozen Ahi (Yellow Fin) Tuna filets (4 ounces) in a 2lb bag for $15.28. I think it is hard to imagine any high protein real food more price effective than that. $2 each 4 oz filet maybe 40g protein, and 140 calories. Sear in a tablespoon of soy sauce or 1/2 tbsp of salted butter over high heat and leave the middle pink but warm.