Detox Suggestions

Options
I am thinking of trying a detox to give myself a good clean out and try and make myself feel a little better. Would you recommend doing a detox or has anyone done a detox and had success from it and survived to tell the tale?! I try to eat fairly healthy (though allow myself the odd treat), aim to drink 8-10 glasses of water per day and have regular exercise. I also have Aloe Vera Colon Cleanse tablets from Holland and Barrett (UK health shop) which I take one of at bed time most nights, but I feel they're not helping much.

Replies

• Gabbylou22
    Gabbylou22 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't know anything about detoxes, but what are these cleanse tablets?
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I know several people who have done the 3-day Shakeology cleanse and liked it. I plan on doing that this weekend to prep myself for my next round of P90X.
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't know anything about detoxes, but what are these cleanse tablets?

These are the tablets:

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=653
  • Skweezd
    Skweezd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am detoxing now using a Magic Bullet and/or a Jack LaLanne Juicer and fresh veggies and some fruit for flavor. I just added broccoli, spinach, flax seed, strawberries, celery, and carrots into the magic bullet with some orange juice and ice and it's done. You should add cayenne pepper to the concoction. Cayenne pepper stimulates your digestive system and gets you going. Now I also have some protein shake mix here that I will do when I need more then veggie juice. I won't starve myself so I will also add in chicken when craving it. I'm going to do this for three days. So far this is day one and so far, so good. Don't forget to take your vitamins too.