Keto success down 27lb

Options
texasdkny
texasdkny Posts: 1 Member
I have been eating keto for 3 months. I do workout, however, very minimal. I would credit my success to diet changes. I have lost 27lb, this is the smallest I have been in my adult life. The hardest part of this change is pressure from people ( coworkers can be the worst ) to eat things I no longer eat. Tips for success would be, don’t explain and try to justify your lifestyle change. Simply say your not hungry. Find a support group. I follow freord3cz4cm.jpeg
several people on Instagram. When I felt like giving up I would look at their post and view their transformations. I will be working on maintaining my current weight. I plan to eat keto for the rest of my life.

Replies

• hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Can you give some glimpse what your meals look like following Keto. Congratulations!!!!
    What are your stats. Did you do the Keto loosely or was it so strict...... by strict mean just paying close attyto carbs 🤔
    Every single time I think of doing Keto I suddenly feel like I’m a fruit lover and a carb addicte. I know it’s a demon inside. Anyway thank you for sharing and being an inspiration.
  • aliahatchett1
    aliahatchett1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. If you can lose 27 lbs in 3 months that's encouraging me I want to lose 17 lbs awesome
  • Nire1017
    Nire1017 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Keto is amazing, I'm a newly recruited lifer. Been at it a month and a half, the inches lost already is insane.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Can you give some glimpse what your meals look like following Keto. Congratulations!!!!
    What are your stats. Did you do the Keto loosely or was it so strict...... by strict mean just paying close attyto carbs 🤔
    Every single time I think of doing Keto I suddenly feel like I’m a fruit lover and a carb addicte. I know it’s a demon inside. Anyway thank you for sharing and being an inspiration.

@hafsatoheed2019

There's a group on here called Low Carber Daily Forum, it has a thread called "What does your low carb meal look like" it's 75 pages of pictures and recipes of Keto meals. It's a good place to get an idea of what ketoers eat. Amazing food!! There's several ways around cravings, and the longer l eat keto, the sweeter foods taste (like tomatoes, lettuces, even broccoli).

Good luck.

• d805
    d805 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • cascarja2015
    cascarja2015 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I’m trying to stick to Keto but I keep falling off 😩. I had foot surgery and am stuck immobilized for a few more weeks so no walking or bikes— I’m trying to loose at least 25-30 lbs🧘🏻‍♀️ Any tips ?
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    First, congrats ! That is such great progress.

What a great tip about not offering an explanation. Recently people at my office have noticed I am losing weight. They try offering excuses for me when I turn something down, but I just smile and walk away. MYOB I say LOL
  • BurningSkies2018
    BurningSkies2018 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to stick to Keto but I keep falling off 😩. I had foot surgery and am stuck immobilized for a few more weeks so no walking or bikes— I’m trying to loose at least 25-30 lbs🧘🏻‍♀️ Any tips ?

From what I've personally experienced - Keto isn't anything that it's feasible to hop in and out of on a whim I don't think. It definitely is something you really need to stick with. I wish there was a way just say "just do it" but there has to be some 'want-to' really. If you look around though, there are things you can get to help curb certain cravings. I really love breaded fish, for instance - traditional flour is a no go, but almond flour and coconut flour are both amazing to use. There are sweeteners, but you don't want to overindulge, you know? Baking cocoa powder is good for changing things up with certain things too. There are alternatives to things you usually like, but as with anything, you do need to keep it in moderation.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but hopefully, this helps.

In regards to the OP - that is great progress! I'm glad it's working for you too! It's one thing I've noticed as well. I do try to exercise at times, but in my opinion, diet is such a huge portion of weight loss over anything else and it really does help you feel better too. I think some people go too hard, too early and burn themselves out.
  • Hey_Dana
    Hey_Dana Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful transformation, and kudos for sticking to your guns!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!