Weight loss has stalled since Sunday

Options
How annoying! That is all. Just that I’m impatient and would like to see some loss. It’s normal though, right? 4 days and no loss?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yup, perfectly normal. I can be perfectly on track and gain after four days due to factors such as water weight and food weight. Not enough time to make a judgement call on success. If you are a daily weigh-er, I highly recommend a trending app like Happy Scale.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Meh. For me, 4 lbs is totally within my daily weight swing, so I wouldn't be worried.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear. you won't lose the exact calculated amount daily/weekly.

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sometimes it stalls for weeks. Weight loss is all about long term trend, not short term movement. You'll drive yourself crazy if you spend too much time worrying about a few days 🙂
  • goatelope
    goatelope Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Blah. I know you’re all right, just frustrated - I’m on a mission!!!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    goatelope wrote: »
    Blah. I know you’re all right, just frustrated - I’m on a mission!!!

It drives me up the wall too, so I ended up making the decision to only weigh once a month. I love only seeing decreases on the scale, lol, even if it is 2 pounds (I'm at 1/2 pound a week rate).
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,711 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. I'm up this week!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    My hubby weighs everyday and takes the good and bad news with zero problem. Me? I don't weigh myself.. I just stick to my plan and go by my clothes and eventually they get loose and it works, I'm sure if I was weighing myself, I'd get discouraged and go off my plan. That's why always weighing doesn't work for me. For others...? they love the data and the numbers. (I'm in maintenance now btw.. but still have to lose my small regains all the time)

Bottom line.. if it is discouraging you...stop weighing and move ahead and don't give up.. you will lose!!!
  • goatelope
    goatelope Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So, fluctuations are real. Just got on the scale and it’s 174.4
    I’m totally supporting ANYONE who gets anxious about this in the future.
    This community is amazing - thanks to everyone’s help I am able to worry less and just keep at it.
    Thank you to everyone x
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yes, I feel for you! I have been there and worried every 5 minutes why the scale doesn't budge. Today is my day 480 on MFP which means that I have an amazing, in - depth record available on my average eating habits, the macro percentages I am most happy with, the meal times my body seems to work best with and most importantly the average weight loss my body can achieve long term. Possibly even more important is all the good advise I was and am given by MFP and so many of its members. I still can't believe how many of you still would like to befriend me and sometimes I feel very sad when I read some of their stories, every - day challenges and serious health problems. I know that I have been very, very lucky so far - starting on 170 kg (375 pounds) and if I have learned one thing, it is: "DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!" Followed by: Trust MFP, let them do the necessary calculations, find (over time) the ideal macros percentages your body is most happy with, be diligent with all food and beverage recordings, slowly adjust to a long - term, healthier meal plan and if possible include some exercise which you enjoy. (Initially I had troubles just walking a little bit.) There is nothing more exhilarating for me but to jump into a swimming pool / lake / river / sea. I can make the biggest splash and always get a standing ovation from onlookers. Suddenly most of my weight is gone - I can wallow like a hippo in the deep - blue sea, I can dive like a rock and come up sputtering and blubbering like a whale. Yes, getting out of the water with those tiny wooden ladders is still a challenge and some of them have I even broken in my efforts. Start trusting yourself, listen to your body; "obviously" I was afflicted with all those disadvantages every single overweight person is familiar with: I have "heavy bones", I have "inherited" all that fat from previous generations, my "genes" make me eat all that food, I have a "very, very slow" metabolism, my "knees / legs / hips / spine / little toe" do not allow me to do any physical exercise, (apologies to those who are really sick), etc. etc. And I used to have a myriad of "by - laws", such as: "food eaten in front of an open fridge doesn't count", "one slice of pizza is called testing and doesn't count", and so many more. My weight loss over time? Do the calculations: an average daily calorie deficit of about 600 calories which equates to about 80 gram (2.60 ounces) weight loss a day. Sounds minute, like nothing. But even I have learned something: CICO and the power of time. Remember compound interest? It's exactly the opposite - the banks and financial institutions are right, it does work! How long will I continue? Well, how long is a piece of string? I will always be careful with food, so I might as well stick with MFP very long term. I was just told: "the fun is in the journey, not the destination". So there.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    It’s only 4 days! We’re all on a mission, but patience is part of the process. We’d all like to see quick results, but it’s not the way weight loss works. Hang in there!