ahhh! 5k tomorrow!! need encouragement :D

Options
2»

Replies

• alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You know I'll be there cheering you on sweetheart, right??? I'm the brunette next to you, running with you, cheering you on, pulling you along towards the finish line and pushing you on your back so you can go just a little bit faster. I'm there with you all the way, girlfriend. I would never let you down when you need it the most. I will also be there at the finish line to give you a great big hug and tell you that I'm so proud of you that you got back into running, that you're setting a fantastic example for your kid, and making your family so proud of you.

I'm the one that's going to be here when you get back so you can continue running for your next charity run or even just your daily run. I know you can do this. You've proven to me and to yourself that you can do this as you have done this many times before. It's your tenacity and your determination that will get you under 30 minutes. But if you somehow don't make it under 30 minutes, just know that you have come such a long way to where you are now. We are ALL proud of you. Love you, girlfriend!!! Sleep well and knock 'em dead tomorrow. And don't forget, look for the brunette in the white t-shirt and running shorts. I'll be there right along with you!

Cecy

My #1 fan :) Thanks Cecy! i love all your support! it means a lot to me and helps me so much :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You're both going to ROCK your 5ks and amaze yourself with your times. :smile:

I'm supposed to do my first 10k on Sunday, but Hurricane Irene will be in town. If they don't cancel it, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to go get my race swag, since I already signed up, and go home. Running in torrential downpours and 50mph winds doesn't sound like fun. :tongue:
  • alise_lmx
    Options
    The greatest performers always get nervous before they go out and kick butt. So, you are in good company with your pre-race jitters. Just don't change anything at the last minute. No Beans and Chile for breakfast on race day for e.g. LOL You will do fine. Be sure to come back and tell us.

:laugh: got it, no beans
  • alise_lmx
    Options
    You're both going to ROCK your 5ks and amaze yourself with your times. :smile:

I'm supposed to do my first 10k on Sunday, but Hurricane Irene will be in town. If they don't cancel it, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to go get my race swag, since I already signed up, and go home. Running in torrential downpours and 50mph winds doesn't sound like fun. :tongue:

Stay safe! :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You're going to have so much fun! Enjoy your race!!
  • caligirl328
    Options
    U can do it!! :-) GL I am sure you will do awesome!
  • alise_lmx
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who responded to this! I am going to bed soon, but I am going to try and read all of the replies gain in the morning to get pumped :) I will think of all of you when it starts to get tough!
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I know you can do this. I'll be thinking of you in the morning. Just pictures us all cheering for you at the finish line :) Can't wait to here how it goes.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This fall I plan on doing one with training. I was just pleased that I was in decent enough shape to come in right in the middle of the pack. Let us know how you do! We're all rooting for you!:-D

Shannon
    You can do it! I ran a 5K in the spring with no training and was able to push myself to finish. I'm sure with your running background you'll have no problem! AND I bet you'll place higher than me.. I was 40th!

Good luck! You can do it!

Shannon

Ok that makes me feel better that you said you did it with no training - I didn't go all out and train like I did back in the day, mainly I just ran for endurance the last couple months, so I know that I can definitely do the distance. I just want to get a decent pace going, hopefully!

Thank you!
  • alise_lmx
    Options
    thanks again to everyone for all the nice words of support! I did it! And it was really fun.

I"m not sure exactly how many runners there were, it was definitly in the hundreds. My official time was 30:15, which was over my goal of 30 minutes, but I'm still happy! I ended up in 194th place (lol), 72nd out of the girls, and this one kinda surprised me - 15th in my age division (25-29, I'm guessing that that must not have been a very large division, lol)

I had a good time and it was for a good cause. I couldn't have done it without your motivation! I thought of all of you guys when it started to get tough. It really helped me a lot :)

And I think my son was proud of me, here is a picture of him just now, he wanted to wear my number :) He also wants to do a kids dash someday!

6e23qc.jpg

edited to flip the pic the right way :)
  • chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Very cute! Glad it went well! :)
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Well done for your 5K, I had to do a 30 mile tab accross the brecon beacons my PT said don't run 30 miles just put one foot in front of the other and take a step at a time.
  • alise_lmx
    Options
    Well done for your 5K, I had to do a 30 mile tab accross the brecon beacons my PT said don't run 30 miles just put one foot in front of the other and take a step at a time.

Wow 30 miles! that's amazing. And that's good advice. Thanks!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Congrats!