What food do you enjoy that your body seems to hate?

Phirrgus
Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
Me and rice, any rice...

skp9kiO.gif

It doesn't seem to matter how much fiber I get. Eating rice = constipation probably 70% of the time. I love rice. I could live off of it (not really lol) but I have to limit my intake lest I be forced to carry it around all the next day.

Anyone else have foods you really enjoy that just seem to do a number on you?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Samphire! 😪

I could eat samphire at every meal, for ever, but it always gives me the runs! I’ve put it down to too much iron as I’m a bit sensitive to other very iron rich foods in significant quantities. Also when pregnant with my second son my haemoglobin level was very low so they made me take iron tablets which did the same thing to me.
  • IwillLOSE40kg
    IwillLOSE40kg Posts: 317 Member
    Iced coffee 😪 bread 😭 sweet things 🥺
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,163 Member
    Popcorn. Love, love, love it. It just has more fiber than I can reasonably handle, giving me several days of discomfort if I indulge.
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Coconut yoghurt really does a number on my stomach but god, is it delicious.
    Also mushrooms, I love them and as a vegetarian have to skip a lot of great dishes because a decent serve of mushrooms will send me straight to the bathroom.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Ice Cream.
    Salads.
  • Phirrgus
    Misery loves company :D

It's frustrating because my mind keeps telling me if I keep everything else on board and on track, the body ought to respond with ..... letting me eat what I want with zero grief. Nope/nein/nyet lol
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,815 Member
    Kiwi. I'm allergic
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    oatmeal, mushrooms, green peppers and cucumber seeds (cucumber is fine)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Milk. :'( And over easy eggs. I LOVE eggs and I have no issues with scrambled, HB or omelets, but the runny yolk gets me every time. Sad.
  • Phirrgus
    Milk. :'( And over easy eggs. I LOVE eggs and I have no issues with scrambled, HB or omelets, but the runny yolk gets me every time. Sad.

I would have a tough time without my eggs over easy. Same as you I love eggs, and over easy is amazing for breakfast, on hamburgers and so much more lol.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    pizza

pizza is beautiful. being sat up all night due to acid reflux isn't

I get a similar problem with too much pastry :'(
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    I love love LOVE salty foods-- pickles and homemade cucumbers in vinegar, potato chips, deli meats-- but my body will hold onto so much water if I even THINK about them. :(
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Spinach. It goes right through me.

Bananas. They trigger my asthma. I havent really had one since I gave up the Yonanas machine a few years ago. Maybe without the excess I could try again?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Onion Rings. A total guilty pleasure when eating out at a restaurant.

Except they wreak havoc on my innards (bloating, cramping).

But I still cannot resist them!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Broccoli. I can add just a bit of whatever sauce and eat cooked broccoli as a meal. My stomach doesn't like that so much..

Apples. They just give me horrible bloat and gas if I eat more than one a day. Pears as well, though they're not as bad.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    There’s a local restaurant that makes the most delicious chilaquiles, but the spice and oil level really depends on who’s cooking, and sometimes it seems fine until I get halfway through the plate. I might spend the next few hours in misery.

Every time I want chilaquiles, I have to ask myself how lucky I’m feeling.

And yes, I keep going back there.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Potato chips!!! They give me heartburn. I guess it's just as well :( It's The Universe telling me not to eat them....
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Deep fried cheese curds. I can get get through 2 - 3 and my stomach says "No more!"
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    Milk. I can eat yogurt, ice cream, and cheese but straight milk I'm sensitive to.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Quest bars :disappointed: I was so excited when I found them, right before they changed the recipe. New recipe is just the wrong combination of supplemental fiber + sugar alcohol for me. So much pain.