What food do you enjoy that your body seems to hate?

Options

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. Bread. Can eat home made bread, but I am too lazy to make it very often.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti. The heartburn is so bad every time. :(
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Too much bread gives me a tummy ache and causes other "issues".
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Butter heavy restaurant breakfasts. Instant diarrhea for me.

I had a few years of problems with any food too far from neutral in pH. I could a lot in one day but even a moderate amount multiple days in a row made me feel like I had a UTI. Thankfully that went away when I got pregnant, but it seems to be creeping back.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners and they don't like me and this isn't really a food but I do wish I could chew more than a 1/3 of a piece of sugarfree gum at a time without getting a huge headache. I usually just avoid it.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Chipotle

Love me a bowl with double chicken, black beans, corn and hot salsa but every. single. time. I will get stomach cramps and spend time suffering on the toilet.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yeast. This means breads, and anything with "yeast extract". Which is the health halo sub for MSG. If I eat it, I will suffer from heartburn and bloating, and terrible gas. Sometimes cramps throughout the digestive system. This is a newly diagnosed allergy, but explains why every time I would cut out bread and processed foods from my diet I always felt better and my stomach was flatter. So now if I have a bready thing or the newest "NO MSG!" flavor of chips I have to decide if I want to be bloated and/or heartburny for the next three days or not, lol. Occasional Cinnamon rolls & Pizza are always worth the discomfort. :lol: A bun for my burger? Dont miss it, lol.

• kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Crunchy peanut butter.

Mainly because I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but it wouldn't be good to have all day, every day so eventually I would regret it (only a little lol).
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Vegetables for sure. Ouchie
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,754 Member
    Options
    I've made egg salad with avocado instead of mayonnaise, because I love the taste of eggs and avocado. The combination is tasty (especially with garlic salt and black pepper)! However, I feel nauseated and tired after eating it because it was too rich.
    I also mixed some 2% Greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder and peanut butter this morning. It tasted wonderful (think Reese's PB cup mousse) but my stomach is burbling.
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Eating spinach is a big no for me, causing pain and diarrhea. The only Quest bar I ever tried had a similar result, I assumed it was the sugar alcohols. Also, all the deep fried foods of the world are on my ‘be careful’ list for the same reason. Goodbye Indian fry bread, sob! :/
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,457 Member
    Options
    This one is weird. Every time I eat buttered popcorn after dinner, I have really violent nightmares. Straight out of a horror movie. So I just don’t.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    there are only two things I can't eat, and I don't mind...raw baby spinach (constipation) and mango (mildly allergic). I've never had any kind of intestinal distress from eating anything mentioned above, I swear I must have an iron stomach. Some of my friends are always sharing jokes like "No Taco Bell after age thirty unless you have time to devote to the restroom" but I'm about to turn 43 and still wondering what that's about...
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Cereal. I love LOVE Captain Crunch and so many others but...I have type 1 diabetes and even with dosing insulin well in advance, I STILL get massive blood sugar spikes. :(
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Cereal. I love LOVE Captain Crunch and so many others but...I have type 1 diabetes and even with dosing insulin well in advance, I STILL get massive blood sugar spikes. :(

I have such a massive love/hate problem with cereal I had to quote and bold it twice. Which one? Captain Crunch of course lol. I'm not diabetic, but I have been known to eat an entire box in one sitting. I mean really, what the heck?

Ya know? :/
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »

I have such a massive love/hate problem with cereal I had to quote and bold it twice. Which one? Captain Crunch of course lol. I'm not diabetic, but I have been known to eat an entire box in one sitting. I mean really, what the heck?

But it's so effing good!!!
    Another reason it's problematic-it makes your mouth sore after a while since it's so crunchy.
    OOOHHH "Cracklin' Oat Bran". Looks like dog food, tastes like little bites of heaven.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »

But it's so effing good!!!
    Another reason it's problematic-it makes your mouth sore after a while since it's so crunchy.
    OOOHHH "Cracklin' Oat Bran". Looks like dog food, tastes like little bites of heaven.

And Lucky Charms. My wife likes them and buys them and I...well....I eat them...all lol.
  • geiznekcm
    geiznekcm Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    "Amen" to the popcorn. I used to munch on it frequently in my younger years, but within recent years, I noticed resulting discomfort and inflammation (not only from the popcorn, but other foods, as well. Popcorn is the one I genuinely enjoyed, though. ) My body would even suffer after consuming air-popped, unsalted kernels!!
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Complete Cookies (Lenny & Larry's)

It's that damn chicory root, I tell ya.

All that Inulin/FOS/Chicory Root they add to foods is just a bad idea IMO. It's a giant cookie... don't get cute with it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    bbq. my stomach hates bbq even when i'm on medication
    and lemonaide.
    sigh