I'm so cheap I...

12346»

Replies

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    @kam26001 wrote: »
    I carry a bunch of loose change in my pocket when I go get takeout. So if my meal is $6.28 I pay with a $5 bill and $1.28 worth of coinage. I know I'm not saving any money but it feels like I only paid $5 for the order. I'm so financial lol.

Do you also roll the coin so that the ladies think you're happy to see them?
    I dump my little sandwich baggy filled with change on the counter and then check my tweets while they count it.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    I'm so cheap when it come to vacations that this year I'm going to sit in front of the computer well tooned into the live stream web cams on YouTube. Sturgis south Dakota.
    You should definitely visit the live stream of Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Particularly the Town Square. The arch is always hungry.

I tried its like watching deers trying to get across the road. It's interesting
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    @kam26001 wrote: »
    I carry a bunch of loose change in my pocket when I go get takeout. So if my meal is $6.28 I pay with a $5 bill and $1.28 worth of coinage. I know I'm not saving any money but it feels like I only paid $5 for the order. I'm so financial lol.

Do you also roll the coin so that the ladies think you're happy to see them?
    I dump my little sandwich baggy filled with change on the counter and then check my tweets while they count it.

Do you leave hairs in the change? I always hate finding hairs in change. 🤮
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    I tried its like watching deers trying to get across the road. It's interesting
    It's good, right? Strangely addicting, just people watching.

I spent about a month on there, from time-to-time a couple of years back when it was still on YouTube. It's calmed down a lot now, but everyone would go mad each time a truck went past, especially at night. Make up stories for the people wandering around in the darkness lol. Bit of a running joke, is how the arch is never sated and hungers for people to pass through.
  • Phoenixsunflr
    Phoenixsunflr Posts: 78 Member
    I cut my own hair and I’m a girl. Just started doing it this year.. never paying for a hair cut again !!
  • Phoenixsunflr
    I'm so cheap I separate my 2 ply toilet paper to make 2 rolls.

Lmao how long does that take?
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    I cut my own hair and I’m a girl. Just started doing it this year.. never paying for a hair cut again !!
    I used to cut my own hair until I got a girlfriend. Would just let it grow wild, then shave it all off when it started to annoy me. Now I want to look good for her (my own opinion, not hers luckily lol). She did nag me about it for about two months, jokingly of course. :D
  • Phoenixsunflr
    I used to cut my own hair until I got a girlfriend. Would just let it grow wild, then shave it all off when it started to annoy me. Now I want to look good for her (my own opinion, not hers luckily lol). She did nag me about it for about two months, jokingly of course. :D

This is very thoughtful ! Lol but you can always ask her to cut it for you 💡
    I usually have my hair tied up so you can’t really tell 😛
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I cut satellite tv and bought a $20 tv antenna off Amazon. I did spring for Netflix AND Hulu though.

we might be needing to do that in our near future. Though thats less from the idea of wanting to save money, and more from the idea of needing to save money in the tv area, and putting it towards other bills.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    refuse to spend $10 on a 3-pack of new underwear, choosing to wear ragged and torn ones instead.

(but will drop $10 for lunch in a heartbeat)

ISC - that I listen to rock band Cheap Trick just in case they have any sound financial advice.