Is it normal to feel warm after breaking a fast ?

Options
Blufayre
Blufayre Posts: 11 Member
Hello
I have been fasting (IF)
With a feeding window of one hour
My initial goal was to keep 4 hours

But I can't seem to eat more in that 4 hours after a meal.

But lately I have been feeling too warm after having that meal.

Is that normal ?

I'm currently eating around 900 calories deficit
And I have been doing this for over a week now.

Am I doing something wrong ?

I don't understand the rise in body temperature after eating ?

Replies

• IwillLOSE40kg
    IwillLOSE40kg Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    1 hour everyday seems tiny... Have you tried 5:2 so every other day you're getting the full nutrition?
  • Blufayre
    Blufayre Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know it seems tiny but I'm having around 2000 calories in that one hour :'D

And my macros are being met too
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Actually I think it’s pretty normal to feel warmer after eating when you’ve had a fasting type period. It doesn’t always happen to me, but it definitely does! Something to do with raising your metabolic rate temporarily in order to actually run your digestion?

It’s definitely a thing in our house. Especially in colder months. The house gets chilly as darkness falls, so we put the heating on. Then we eat dinner and say ‘you ok if I turn the heating off, I’m too hot now I’ve eaten!’ 😂
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I almost always feel warmer after eating and I'm not fasting. I always just thought it was part of the digestive process.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing OMAD, I absolutely do.
  • taessane
    taessane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    900 calories isn't a healthy amount make sure to eat rich food during that eating window the thing is fasting is more like an eating pattern rather than an eating diet and this is what makes it work, people notice that their body temperature increases after eating, food is fuel to your body, energy, and who says energy says heat as french people say, BUT, the weird thing is when I felt warmer "while I was fasting", I always experienced that for no reason that I know of
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    taessane wrote: »
    900 calories isn't a healthy amount make sure to eat rich food during that eating window the thing is fasting is more like an eating pattern rather than an eating diet and this is what makes it work, people notice that their body temperature increases after eating, food is fuel to your body, energy, and who says energy says heat as french people say, BUT, the weird thing is when I felt warmer "while I was fasting", I always experienced that for no reason that I know of

She’s not saying she’s eating only 900 calories a day, she’s saying her calorie deficit is 900. In a further post her intake is given as 2000.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    i know nothing about the science or even about IF. But yes I often feel warmer after eating. especially if that food was warm/spicey.