anything for breakfast low carb ?

Hello

I'm serching for breakfasts low carb and calories.

Usually, I eat 2 slice of bread with a garniture ( either if it's slices of bananas, 1tbsp of nutella or strawberry jam).
I'm serching for changes that will satiate my stomach and lasts until noon.

Any ideas ?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    One egg and then one egg white with two slices of bacon. Pretty much zero carb, and fewer calories than your bread and toppings.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Hello

Usually, I eat 2 slice of bread with a garniture ( either if it's slices of bananas, 1tbsp of nutella or strawberry jam).

Any ideas ?
    Yeah, a lot of carbs in your breakfast.
    How about scrambled eggs with diced ham. You can do it in a mug in the microwave. Quick and easy.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Steak and eggs is a classic. Sauteed cabbage (thinly sliced like a noodle with onion & garlic, butter and vinegar) and an over easy egg on top was a favorite for a long time. Leftover meat and vegetables from dinner is a no brainer.

Egg muffins are a grab and go option you can prepare ahead of time (tons of recipes for those if you google). A finger/snack food type low carb breakfast could be a combination of things like hard boiled eggs, cheese, cold cuts of meat, nuts, cut raw vegetables and berries.

Breakfast can be anything so just think of your favorite low carb foods and base your breakfast around them. For low calories input the foods you want to eat into your diary and work out how much you can have for the calories you want to spend.
  • emialyssa13
    emialyssa13 Posts: 16 Member
    yeah but eggs bust Cholesterol The program allow me.
    I know that is less calories than bread but, it's full of cholesterol.

Is it really good to change Bread to Eggs ?
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Meat and eggs are both healthful and more nutritious than bread. If you enjoy them eat them -- they're good for you.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited July 2019
    A common breakfast for me that is also low carb is a 2 egg vegetable omelet. Not no carb (vegetables have carbs), but I think vegetables are good to eat anyway.

I don't think the cholesterol is an issue, but here's a piece from a nutrition researcher: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cholesterol-unscrambled_b_6692940.
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    I eat 2 poached eggs for breakfast almost everyday. My cholesterol has dropped quite a bit w/o medication. There are lots of foods that cause cholesterol to get high.
  • emialyssa13
    ok so there is good cholesterol and bad cholesterol.

Eggs are good cholesterol.
    Plus it costs nothing here.
    so I'm gonna go the grocery store and buy eggs, vegetables, spinach and ham to make variety of omelet.

but is it good to eat eggs every day ?
    maybe I should have more variety in my breakfasts.
    Any other Ideas ?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    edited July 2019
    You don't have to eat stereotypical breakfast foods for breakfast. Eat whatever sorts of food you find filling.

I usually eat overnight oats (yogurt, rolled oats, and peanut butter) during the week, and a bowl of oatmeal with peanut butter and banana on the weekends (sometimes with an egg). Keeps me full for hours, but would leave other people hungry. A coworker has shredded chicken and salsa in a pita every morning. A friend eats a protein bar. Another eats beans on toast.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    so this post may be useless as you want no / low grains but two toasts in no way fill me up. But a portion of oversoaked steel cut oats? that works. Even better than quick cooking. I've tried a few things adn that is what works for me.

But yes other eggs, eggs whites (either scrambled or little cups you can bake and prep ahead for easy to grab and go). Meats. DIY shakes (may need to play around with fruit and veg depending how low you want to go).

is cottage cheese low carb? something with that.

or food that you enjoy not considered breakfast food, think outside the box. You can also search as this question has come up regularly with other ideas.

oh and I eat 10 eggs a week. Have for months now, i eat two boiled eggs at lunch. no issues.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited July 2019
    a whole medium avocado on 2 slices of whole grain toast with chunky salsa on top... 395 calories total... very satisfying, tasty and filling with GOOD fats ... OPTION: add a fried egg on top of each one. So delicious!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    ok so there is good cholesterol and bad cholesterol.

Eggs are good cholesterol.
    Plus it costs nothing here.
    so I'm gonna go the grocery store and buy eggs, vegetables, spinach and ham to make variety of omelet.

but is it good to eat eggs every day ?
    maybe I should have more variety in my breakfasts.
    Any other Ideas ?

As said in the article above, studies have shown no harm in daily egg consumption.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cholesterol-unscrambled_b_6692940

...my lab just published our third study of egg ingestion, this one showing no discernible harms from daily intake of two eggs for six weeks by adults with established coronary artery disease. In prior studies, we had shown similar lack of any discernible harm in healthy adults, and in adults with high blood cholesterol.
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    Hello

Any ideas ?

Bananas and bread are not good for low carbs. I usually make a cheese (some sort of white cheese) omelet with some meat (usually bacon or sausage). For fruit, stick with berries.

• emialyssa13
    why are bananas not good ? it's a fruit...

Two days ago a ate Omelet with : 2eggs, oignons, yellow bell pepper, spinach and Ham. It was delicious and healthy.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    why are bananas not good ? it's a fruit...

Fruit has carbs, and bananas are one of the higher carb fruits. There is nothing wrong with bananas, but if you are trying to be low carb for some reason, they will use up a good chunk of your carb goal.

I eat a banana every day, but then I'm not trying to stay low carb, I'm usually around 50% carbs.
  • JusstSara
    JusstSara Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2019
    I usually just drink coffee with HWC in the morning but if I feel like I want to eat something I just throw a steak in a frying pan, with a bit of butter or ghee. Takes less than 10 minutes to cook and it keeps me feeling full for a few hours. I usually stock up when they go on markdown/sale and then freeze them and I always have a few defrosting in the fridge.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Go on you-tube or goggle- low carb breakfast- there are tons of recipes- with and without eggs
  • Natasha233
    Natasha233 Posts: 48 Member
    Emi
    Hi there! So my latest go-to in the morning is as follows: 4 tablespoons of chia seeds, 10 ounces of unsweetened almond milk, and half a cup of blueberries. Put the chia and milk in the fridge overnight, then in the morning - add in blueberries and take it to go. It comes to about 380 calories the way I do it. That should be about 30-40 carbs. Not sure if that is to high for you. I really enjoy this breakfast.