Fitness/smart watch

2»

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    I had the fitbit alta for about a year, and one day discovered that by swinging my arms to and fro, while seated in a chair, the device counted steps. W T F ?

That and the small display eventually became unmotivating, and I switched over to the Apple Watch a few months ago.

I very much prefer the ACtivity Rings approach that Apple watch is taking. The exercises sync with MFP and adjust my daily calorie goals. PLus, the Dick Tracy features of the apple watch are much to my liking , making it a more useful piece of arm candy (for someone who doesn’t like any kind of arm candy).

• ErinMichelle31
    ErinMichelle31 Posts: 29 Member
    I have the vivosmart 4. Before that I had a vivofit 2. The Garmin app integrates really nicely with MFP becuase they are both owned by the same company. I've been really happy with my vivosmart. Plus it looks nice, too!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I have the vivosmart 4. Before that I had a vivofit 2. The Garmin app integrates really nicely with MFP becuase they are both owned by the same company. I've been really happy with my vivosmart. Plus it looks nice, too!

Garmin (stock GRMN) and Under Armour (stock UAA) are owned by who do you think?

Ditto to Vivo series being nice with many options.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,589 Member

Garmin and Under Armour have bought each other out? :astonished:
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    amy19355 wrote: »
    I had the fitbit alta for about a year, and one day discovered that by swinging my arms to and fro, while seated in a chair, the device counted steps. W T F ?

That and the small display eventually became unmotivating, and I switched over to the Apple Watch a few months ago.

I very much prefer the ACtivity Rings approach that Apple watch is taking. The exercises sync with MFP and adjust my daily calorie goals. PLus, the Dick Tracy features of the apple watch are much to my liking , making it a more useful piece of arm candy (for someone who doesn’t like any kind of arm candy).

I originally had an older fitbit when I had my first baby, I discovered rocking in the rocking chair triggered it. I got a lot of "steps" rocking the baby to sleep.
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,463 Member
    I have a Garmin Forerunner 35 and give it two thumbs up.

Why would anyone woo this? Or classic, thought woo was good? Been there!

I agree on the forerunner! Love it!