Feeling old and unpretty

Options
2»

Replies

• bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I hope I can find my inner Goddess too! I used to have it , I lost it 😔 am trying. It’s not like everyday I feel poopy. There are days I feel like a sex kitten too. But lately I have lost a little of that kitten. I guess sometimes events in a persons life can cause low spells

I can totally relate to this. And yeah I agree, life can change the way you feel/view yourself. I'm only 32 and I'm already planning on becoming a cougar! I know I'm not getting any younger, but I'm looking on the bright side, age brings wisdom and more experience so I'm gona use that to my advantage! You can buy a nice new lip gloss and be young and pretty, but ya can't buy experience 😋

For the record I'm not looking to date younger men, but if a young pretty girl turns my man's head, I will be reminding myself that she ain't me, she a kitten, I'm a cougar hehe. Even if sometimes I need to fake it, it helps some. I also invested in some nice make up for myself and letting myself see myself as sexy instead of frumpy. I think a lot of it is just all in the mind.

A few years ago I was thin and at my goal and felt invincible and swore I would never put the weight back on ... but things in life happened some of it very traumatic ... and here I am now. I feel wore out and tired and to be honest I’ve kind of lost myself. I used to love photography, playing dress up lol and combining the both. I agree with you about seeing myself as sexy instead as a grumpy frump. Fake it till I make it.

Also I wish I could hug each and every one of you who have posted a comment🥰🥰🥰

Life changes, people change and I have kinda came to the conclusion that my attitude towards myself has to change. Things that seemed to come so easy before, just seem out of reach some days. But I know I want it back, and usually when I want something, I get it haha. 😂

I think it's about approaching it a little differently which is hard if your not feeling it. (I know, I'm going through it lol) I am focussing on my relationship and letting my trust and love with him help me through it. Also, taking better care of myself, self care has helped a lot. But I'm still not there. I had to accept I won't ever feel exactly the same as before, because I'm different now. It's a work in progress. ❤

I actually really enjoyed being able to talk about this too because its something that bugs me too. Here is to being happier with ourselves. 😊

That’s another thing “trust” in a relationship. This is a ‘me’ problem due to very bad experiences in the past. It’s the “what ifs” that some times get the best of me. I’m working on it. I also enjoy being able to talk about issues that seem to plague most of us as human beans. 🥰
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I've been tall and thin all my life and I'm horrendously insecure. (Having had a partner that cheated doesn't help). By the way, ageing and thinness don't go well together, so you may actually want to hang onto a few pounds.

When I was in my mid-20s I was in a bridal party with a woman who was slim and tiny and gorgeous and chose the perfect outfits always, and I felt diminished in comparison. Our mutual friend the bride told me that this woman was so embarrassed about having ugly bunions that her boyfriend had never seen her without socks. There's always something to hate about ourselves, if we choose to focus on the flaws. And that's what we do, we zero in on them and magnify them until they consume us.

I've run into her since and she's still slim and tiny and perfect, and I wonder if she's ever had sex without socks :D

😂
  • bishopjulia
    Options
    I hope I can find my inner Goddess too! I used to have it , I lost it 😔 am trying. It’s not like everyday I feel poopy. There are days I feel like a sex kitten too. But lately I have lost a little of that kitten. I guess sometimes events in a persons life can cause low spells

I can totally relate to this. And yeah I agree, life can change the way you feel/view yourself. I'm only 32 and I'm already planning on becoming a cougar! I know I'm not getting any younger, but I'm looking on the bright side, age brings wisdom and more experience so I'm gona use that to my advantage! You can buy a nice new lip gloss and be young and pretty, but ya can't buy experience 😋

For the record I'm not looking to date younger men, but if a young pretty girl turns my man's head, I will be reminding myself that she ain't me, she a kitten, I'm a cougar hehe. Even if sometimes I need to fake it, it helps some. I also invested in some nice make up for myself and letting myself see myself as sexy instead of frumpy. I think a lot of it is just all in the mind.

A few years ago I was thin and at my goal and felt invincible and swore I would never put the weight back on ... but things in life happened some of it very traumatic ... and here I am now. I feel wore out and tired and to be honest I’ve kind of lost myself. I used to love photography, playing dress up lol and combining the both. I agree with you about seeing myself as sexy instead as a grumpy frump. Fake it till I make it.

Also I wish I could hug each and every one of you who have posted a comment🥰🥰🥰

Life changes, people change and I have kinda came to the conclusion that my attitude towards myself has to change. Things that seemed to come so easy before, just seem out of reach some days. But I know I want it back, and usually when I want something, I get it haha. 😂

I think it's about approaching it a little differently which is hard if your not feeling it. (I know, I'm going through it lol) I am focussing on my relationship and letting my trust and love with him help me through it. Also, taking better care of myself, self care has helped a lot. But I'm still not there. I had to accept I won't ever feel exactly the same as before, because I'm different now. It's a work in progress. ❤

I actually really enjoyed being able to talk about this too because its something that bugs me too. Here is to being happier with ourselves. 😊

That’s another thing “trust” in a relationship. This is a ‘me’ problem due to very bad experiences in the past. It’s the “what ifs” that some times get the best of me. I’m working on it. I also enjoy being able to talk about issues that seem to plague most of us as human beans. 🥰

I have trust issues with my man in the past, I sometimes wonder if that's what bleeds into my self image/doubt. Our experiences shape us after all. I am learning to heal and hope I come out the other side like an untamed tigress/cougar. I'm not fussy lol.
    rbdbbvhqbifl.gif

Yes I do think these experiences bleed into our self image. It’s hard to love ones self when someone that was suppose to love you/ respect / protect you... ended up abusing / cheating / or hurting you. Yes it bleeds into your soul and Rips it apart. And your left trying to figure out how to love yourself again, to hug yourself again to say good things about your self again. Breath again 🥰

• Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I've been there. I'm 36, and am short. I go walking and see these tall gazelle like 20 somethings run past me, and I feel like poop. I just keep walking, and know I'm me, and im pretty in my own way.
  • WoodAndCastIron
    WoodAndCastIron Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Like the bad stuff, Good things tend to build upon each other as well - glad you found some today 👍 Happy to see this lovely picture.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Jdismybug1 wrote: »
    I've been there. I'm 36, and am short. I go walking and see these tall gazelle like 20 somethings run past me, and I feel like poop. I just keep walking, and know I'm a me, and im pretty in my own way.

What’s funny is I’m a tall gal and I have gotten envious of short gals in the past...my feet and hands are so big...I feel like sometimes disproportionate...and my hips are wider...I’ve been envious of how petite the features are on short women...smaller and more defined!

So, grass is always greener, eh?

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options

I happen to feel pretty today.

.... just sayin'

• bishopjulia
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I happen to feel pretty today.

.... just sayin'