Just took my before pictures

It was rough. I am a yoyo-er but this is the most sober start I've done since ever. I really took an objective look at my shots and see how much my physical body looks vs my mental image of what I look like. It was rough coming to terms with the discrepancy.
I started OrangeTheory Fitness this week. I loved it, I never had a personal trainer before and all my previous attempts at the gym were rather clueless. But the OTF coach was motivational in a positive manner and very encouraging. Tomorrow will be my second session. I didn't weigh myself before my first class (Wed) and the morning after I weighed 210.8. This morning my DOMS were gone and I weighed 208.0. I did use the 210.8 as my starting weight and have set myself to lose 1 lb/wk for my weight loss goal. I know the first week or two it will be water/glycogen weight loss and to not expect that kind of loss to be typical throughout journey but it sure helps the motivation at the start of things.

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Good luck! Read the Success Stories posts for a lot of inspiration. Keep in mind that ensuring you’re in a calorie deficit is most important, and exercise helps with that but you’ve got to measure and weigh all your food so you know exactly how much you’re eating.
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2019
    Congrats! I just posted my 'Before' pics too... or should I say again. I took a month and a half off from MFP, trying to continue on keto on my own.

I gotta say, my weight remained about the same and when I posted these pics, they look good for where I'm at!

Good luck to you!
  • marthaaustin74
    marthaaustin74 Posts: 28 Member
    You got this!!! And just remember it’s okay to splurge sometimes. Everyone on here is so encouraging and nice!! You’ve got lots of support!