Eat exercise cals back

Options
Kimgreen27
Kimgreen27 Posts: 11 Member
Been out the game for a while and just returning to MFP but, never been consistent and now I’m committing. Want to know if u exercise do u eat those cals back or u just stick to daily cals allowed?

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Personally, I just stick to my daily calorie goal without eating back calories from exercise. Works for me. Once I reach my weight loss goal, I will then reevaluate.
  • Kimgreen27
    Kimgreen27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So let me make sure I understand: I attached my apple watch and for example I walk 2 miles and MFP gives me 250 cals for that walk I should eat the 250 cals plus the 1260 cals it allows me daily?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Kimgreen27 wrote: »
    So let me make sure I understand: I attached my apple watch and for example I walk 2 miles and MFP gives me 250 cals for that walk I should eat the 250 cals plus the 1260 cals it allows me daily?

I think Apple will confuse you since it doesn't play well with MFP. But yes, eat that additional 250 calories "earned" by that walk - over an above your 1260 cals. So eat around 1500, total.

Here's a post about the Apple synch problem:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10756395/exercise-calories#latest
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options
    Many people on here think the calories earned are over stated so recommend eating back about half of them.
    I don't eat mine back as a rule but am flexible so will sometimes have an extra treat on the back of them if I fancy it.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2/3 of mine back. I'm a short female so to lose weight I'm already in the 1200-1300kcal a day target range as it is (I maintain at 1600something when not working out), if I don't eat at least some of them back I feel really tired after a while - I can't imagine doing my daily walk/yoga and then a 40ish min long afternoon workout 5-6 days a week on 1200-1300 total... Mind you, going by my actual weight my logging and estimates seem to be pretty on point so far, if I don't eat all of it back I lose a tiny bit faster than expected

I only have 20ish lbs left to lose and I'm 5'2, so I can't really do large deficits tho - plus, not worth it if it means I'm constantly tired and hungry