Why did my cal change?

Options
Lboyce1990
Lboyce1990 Posts: 2 Member
I have a question. I was at 1390 cal the first week. Put my weight in and lost 3 pounds. Now my goal intake is 1460. Why does it go up when I’m trying to lose weight? Every day I do exercise and add it to, it will give me the kickback that day. I understand that part. But the next week I opened up my fitness pal. And the intake right off the bat was higher. Without even adding food or exercise. Why?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,955 Member
    Options
    Are you using a synced tracker like Apple or Fitbit?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options
    Double check that you correctly entered your weight initially and when it changed.

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I read the title as Why did my cat change.

6vgb1oze4k20.png
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Can't say for sure but at a guess.

The 1390 calories was calculated at a point in time when it was correct. but since then something has changed that hadn't been reflected in your MFP settings (weight gained, activity level changed, etc). MFP recalculate your calorie target until you make changes in your setting (weekly weigh ins don't trigger a calorie recalculation)

You've gone in, put in your new weight, activity level or what not and the system has recalculated your calorie target correct for your new weight, activity level, etc.

Again, this is a guess at what I suspect might have happened since there's really not enough information to draw a definitive conclusion.