I’m here for your wisdom

Options
Hey everyone.. Tomorrow marks the start of my big push to get to my first target weight. I’ve broken it down to two targets - I have 25kg to lose in total, my first goal is to lose 15kg and reach 70kg.

I’m here because I’ve been here before. I need friends and people who can help me stay motivated, keep me accountable and give me any tips at all that mean I don’t end up asking this again and I finally reach that goal.

Please do reach out - I’m friendly and I want to help people in return so if you need the same as me, let’s do it together!

Replies

• neyagoal
    neyagoal Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello, congratulations on making ur first step to get healthier version of urself.. I was in ur skin.. Started with 86 and now I'm down to 56.9 kg.. If I could do it, you can do it too.. I'm still on my weight loss journey as I am quite petite but there s nothing stronger then my will..share some of your stat and what is ur plan exactly
  • malcolmleask1
    malcolmleask1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi I'm in desperate need of wisdom. I have a ton (perhaps not literally! ) of weight to lose like you broken down into 2 goals. the first one is to lose 15kg to reach the weight my consultant thinks would be good. The second one is to lose another 27 kg which will take me to the lowest weight I can achieve.
    Over on another thread i saw someone post "victory of the week" as I assume that like everyone else on these boards we all know what ought do but making it easy and staying motivated is the hard part. Trying to keep your head in the good space is difficult. I thought that "victory of the week" would get a load of support but it didn't happen.

So for what its worth
    victory of the week
    The realisation that buying rolls rather than a loaf of bread has in built damage limitation

Double edged sword of the week
    having Dominos thin and crispy pizza and discovering it has more calories than the italian base. Success was only having 2 slices.

The above sounds like a lot of unhealthy eating but there was more good than bad this week

Out of curiosity where are you from as the weights are in kg for the record I'm in the UK
  • neyagoal
    Options
    I'm from Bosnia, but been living in Egypt for last 2 years, hence my broken English.. Anyway..all my life revolved around food, I am pretty sure that I am obsessed with it.. As long as I see food, all on my mind s how to eat it, but strong will s most important and it must prevail.. If there s no one to support u, be support u need to urself.. Food s not more important then u and ur health.. Does that Domina pizza s worth more then u, is that pizza more worthy then ur character? - that s what I ask myself anytime when I think of eating stm outside my plan.. Good plan and discipline s most important, at least for me.. U r doing good, believe in urself, check food calories and weight before actually eating it, try to make food by urself as its safest option.... Its marathon not a sprint, one bad move (food choice) won't return u back at the start as long as u pick it up and return back on right path.. Those 27 kg s like in total?
  • neyagoal
    Options
    And do u really log everything and measure with food scale
  • malcolmleask1
    malcolmleask1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep neyagoal learnt that one the hard way this week! Read calories first eat later!
    You have done brilliantly to lose as much as you have. No its not 27 kg in total its as well as. Don' t put yourself down for broken english, I could not communicate in either Bosnian or Egyptian. As a Brit who are so lucky the Americans speak a version of our language we can be very lazy when it comes to learning new languages.
    Although I generally don't struggle to lose weight if I put my mind to it my family situation has changed and I'm trying to learn new discplines.

• neyagoal
    Options
    Well, technically English s more my 4 language but it's like language of the birds so I use it most of the time (well working in Canadian University in Arabic speaking cou try s a blessing when u don't speak Arabic)... I know how life happens and there s lot of things to care about on daily base but it s all about what u want to do from urself.. U want to pitty urself or fight to get what u want? —born and raised in military family so therefore my though attitude that transcend on almost everything. I would like to know what ur activity level and ur calorie allowance.. . Links that are posted above are great but Feel free to message me whenever u feel like u need to talk with someone and we will try to figure it stm together.. We can do this!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

Definitely read the stickies referenced above. Very insightful reads.

Good luck with your journey!